• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
my thought is you really only need one coach! my question is will dessie ever get the best out of our boys and does he know how?
i think he should have talks with bob fulton, see what advice he has. its only early for hasler as a coach i mean and he will learn more as time goes on.
what i would really like to see is some scrum plays with orford, burns and our speed machines.
any one agree?

Im sure he doesnt need to take your advice ,to speak with Bozo..
How many coaches do we have now ??,
As for seeing if Des can get the best out of the boys ,sit back & watch .I know he will do a far superior job at it than any of us. Its still early days ....Have a bit of faith in the guy -Footy is his life ,Im sure he has a bit of an idea what he,s doing !!

Des is a bit of an engima as far as coaching goes. An ex school teacher and successful in business I think he would have a well developed coaching structure in place to support the team. After many years playing 1st grade he knows RL very well so we should have the game plans to match the other teams.

My main concern after hearing him speak in public a couple of times and also on TV is he doesn't come across as an inspiring or up beat person. I don't see him as someone who will motivate our team to deeds above and beyond their abilities.

Time will tell, he is a knows RL well

im sitting on the fence at the moment Byso!!!!

as I said last year this is his make or break year. he has the cattle to go places so I am reserving my judgement till the end of this season. if we have our top players on the park for the majority of this season I expect us to be in the top 5. If we limp into the finals again I will expect the club to review why it happened and sound out other coaching options.

I could be wrong here but I think I read somewhere that Fulton had mentored Hasler a fair bit in terms of coaching. After playing under the likes of Fulton & Gibson and assisting NSW under Gould he would have picked up a fair bit of knowledge. I think his problem has been not having the cattle to expand on a simple game plan but imo this season will see him shine.

I think he wont win us a grand final and that should be aim. No more "rebuilding" excuses

The footy that is being played still doesn't convince me that Manly is a team in control. Especially in attack.

Last weeks game was a good start though.

I am far from convinced with our attack, we still look unorganised but I guess these things take time with new players in key positions. Also need our forwards (front row) to consistantly fire for our attack to work.

The rebuilding excuse is redundant this season, in past seasons I could understand!!! Not now.

I think he wont win us a grand final and that should be aim. No more \"rebuilding\" excuses

The footy that is being played still doesn't convince me that Manly is a team in control. Especially in attack.

Last weeks game was a good start though.
Like Des has stated -by round 6 things should be fitting into place,I dont think he will be taking the re-building excuse from his staff & players either.I beleve his aim is to win the premiership ,as with every other coach in the NRL. He does come off to be quiet & softely spoken ,but that can also be because he openly admits his distaste for the marketting & media side of the business.That is not a problem for me , It seems the football side of business is what he concentrates more on ,I would rather a coach who looks at it that way ,rather than a loud mouth media hound who wants to see his head on tv any chance he gets.
As for not seeing the coach win us a premiership, I think the actual players have more a major role in winning the premiership.
Ive also heard that he is quite intense in the way he talks & motivates the team ,& the players have a great deal of respect for him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2