Hasler love affair - Not

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I heard nearly everyone in the media this week talking Hasler up and what a fantastic coach he is. This apparent love affair is in complete contrast to last year where Hasler was no where near as popular.It just seems that the media love putting their boot into Manly and it also seems some key Manly officials want to buy into it (ala Peter Peters who obvioulsy has a mans crush on this guy !!) Frankly I am quite sick of it and seems to be a huge distraction for the side and unfortunately it shows with some of the results this season. Lets get over Hasler he decided to leave this great club on his own accord and is now a Bulldog !! People like Peter Peters or others who obviously worship him should go as well. I do also greatly feel for Toovey who constantly seems to be living in this man's shadows. By the way on Peters I was sitting near the VIP box in the Jane Try Stand on Friday and it was obvious there is a division in the ranks especially when you see Peters deliberately walking out with the Penn family and other supporters snickering and wispering. As a supporter it was very disconcerting and uncomfortable to see.

So what if there is a love-in with Hasler. He rebuilt Manly from nothing to semi finalists in 2005 to contenders by 2007 to premiers in 2008 and backed it up with another premiership in 2011 all the while making the finals every season since 2005. He has now gone to Canterbury and with an okay but not outstanding squad has them premiership favourites and top of the table. The guy deserves all the accolades he receives. Not the crap that he cops from certain sections. He's the best coach in the NRL bar none, even when he was at Manly.

It's much better and more deserving that Hasler gets the praise than someone like Tim Sheens who has been coaching for a thousand years, won a premiership with a squad that was basically the Australian side (Canberra 1990), and another premiership in 2005 when it was basically a touch football comp and the way the game was played at the time suited the West Tigers to the ground.

Koudini said:
So what if there is a love-in with Hasler. He rebuilt Manly from nothing to semi finalists in 2005 to contenders by 2007 to premiers in 2008 and backed it up with another premiership in 2011 all the while making the finals every season since 2005. He has now gone to Canterbury and with an okay but not outstanding squad has them premiership favourites and top of the table. The guy deserves all the accolades he receives. Not the crap that he cops from certain sections. He's the best coach in the NRL bar none, even when he was at Manly.

It's much better and more deserving that Hasler gets the praise than someone like Tim Sheens who has been coaching for a thousand years, won a premiership with a squad that was basically the Australian side (Canberra 1990), and another premiership in 2005 when it was basically a touch football comp and the way the game was played at the time suited the West Tigers to the ground.

Zorba?

Ohh FFS if there is one more thread about that person i am going to puke. Get over it he's gone, he's in the same class as Bellamy,Bennett,Smith, etc. He's the canterbury coach I don't give a **** about him or what he is doing. I am sick to death of seeing **** about these people. They have nothing to do with our club so **** em. Please merge all the Hasler/Greensnot threads into one and drop them into the nearest **** pile where they belong.

The proof will be Coach of the Year. Des never got a sniff in while bellyache had his name etched on it permanently.

I bet this year hasler wins it.

Take a look at what the dogs have des doing. Shaving his hair for charity, better answers in press conferences. Go to the bulldogs website there's a weekly does video talking football.

I have no doubt the dogs have some serious PR behind their entire club and does in particular. Green burg might be a weezel but he's a clever one.

Compare what our club does for the PR of the board/staff/team.

There's your answer why he seems so well liked. Effort.

mickqld said:
Ohh FFS if there is one more thread about that person i am going to puke. Get over it he's gone, he's in the same class as Bellamy,Bennett,Smith, etc. He's the canterbury coach I don't give a s**t about him or what he is doing. I am sick to death of seeing s**t about these people. They have nothing to do with our club so f**k em. Please merge all the Hasler/Greensnot threads into one and drop them into the nearest s**t pile where they belong.

Well mick, if you want to trawl through all of the threads and find the ones about Des and Greenturd, and then provide us with the links, one of us might be in a generous mood and merge them all for you :)

fLIP said:
Take a look at what the dogs have des doing. Shaving his hair for charity, better answers in press conferences. Go to the bulldogs website there's a weekly does video talking football.

I have no doubt the dogs have some serious PR behind their entire club and does in particular. Green burg might be a weezel but he's a clever one.

Compare what our club does for the PR of the board/staff/team.

There's your answer why he seems so well liked. Effort.

It has got a lot better here since Perry has come and Zorba has left media.
As time goes perry and his team will work with 2v a lot better .
I have noticed that 2v is a lot more open than des ever was.
Its amazing what change has done for des and for manly P R wise.

mickqld said:
Ohh FFS if there is one more thread about that person i am going to puke. Get over it he's gone, he's in the same class as Bellamy,Bennett,Smith, etc. He's the canterbury coach I don't give a s**t about him or what he is doing. I am sick to death of seeing s**t about these people. They have nothing to do with our club so f**k em. Please merge all the Hasler/Greensnot threads into one and drop them into the nearest s**t pile where they belong.

Yes Mick, by the level of vitriol levelled at Hasler in your post, you are clearly over him.

Not.

I used to complain to people regularly that Des was never considered for coach of the year. They all laughed and said i was biased cause of Manly. Now Des is bigger than Jesus, Bennett and Bellamy. I cant believe he could win the coach of the year award and be held in such high regard with the big name coaches over the last few years, legends like Kevin Moore!! Oh wait what happened to Kevin again??

To be fair to all of us, i dont think any Manly fan is willing to say he is a crap coach, unfortunately we knew long before these clowns just how smart an operator Des was. Thats why it hurt when he F$&@ed us after the GF and joined the worst club possible. Would we be as annoyed if he joined the Raiders or Penrith??? I seriously doubt it.

mickqld said:
Agree 100% no more des threads we've thanked him a thousand times case closed.

conanu said:
I used to complain to people regularly that Des was never considered for coach of the year. They all laughed and said i was biased cause of Manly. Now Des is bigger than Jesus, Bennett and Bellamy. I cant believe he could win the coach of the year award and be held in such high regard with the big name coaches over the last few years, legends like Kevin Moore!! Oh wait what happened to Kevin again??

To be fair to all of us, i dont think any Manly fan is willing to say he is a crap coach, unfortunately we knew long before these clowns just how smart an operator Des was. Thats why it hurt when he F$&@ed us after the GF and joined the worst club possible. Would we be as annoyed if he joined the Raiders or Penrith??? I seriously doubt it.

Well said. Being a Penriff junior I don't think any of us would have begrudged Des moving there.

Remember when he was here and he was injecting the players with calfs blood to help with injury, well apparently the latest craze is beetroot jouice
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/des-hasler-introduces-beetrot-juice-to-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-players-as-pre-game-nrl-ritual/story-fn2mcuj6-1226434396751

What you guys think?

Maybe tooves should get a batch

SeaEagle007 said:
Remember when he was here and he was injecting the players with calfs blood to help with injury, well apparently the latest craze is beetroot jouice
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/des-hasler-introduces-beetrot-juice-to-canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-players-as-pre-game-nrl-ritual/story-fn2mcuj6-1226434396751

What you guys think?

Maybe tooves should get a batch

I'd rather drink calves blood.

delz said:
I heard nearly everyone in the media this week talking Hasler up and what a fantastic coach he is. This apparent love affair is in complete contrast to last year where Hasler was no where near as popular.It just seems that the media love putting their boot into Manly and it also seems some key Manly officials want to buy into it (ala Peter Peters who obvioulsy has a mans crush on this guy !!) Frankly I am quite sick of it and seems to be a huge distraction for the side and unfortunately it shows with some of the results this season. Lets get over Hasler he decided to leave this great club on his own accord and is now a Bulldog !! People like Peter Peters or others who obviously worship him should go as well. I do also greatly feel for Toovey who constantly seems to be living in this man's shadows. By the way on Peters I was sitting near the VIP box in the Jane Try Stand on Friday and it was obvious there is a division in the ranks especially when you see Peters deliberately walking out with the Penn family and other supporters snickering and wispering. As a supporter it was very disconcerting and uncomfortable to see.

so you don't think he's a great coach? the basket case which is Manly, which you allude to, is the reason he left when will you nutters get this through your heads? Des did everything for Manly and to the people that matter it didn't go unnoticed at all. The board didn't look after him and quite simply should have but instead of the fans appreciating him for all that he did at the Club people want to bag him like angsty teenagers. Get over it! he did a great job. He continues to do a great job so if you NEED someone to blame look within.At the Board.Their incompetence seems to escape any and all vitriol when quite clearly they are to blame. Staggering really.

YOD said:
delz said:

so you don't think he's a great coach? the basket case which is Manly, which you allude to, is the reason he left when will you nutters get this through your heads? Des did everything for Manly and to the people that matter it didn't go unnoticed at all. The board didn't look after him and quite simply should have but instead of the fans appreciating him for all that he did at the Club people want to bag him like angsty teenagers. Get over it! he did a great job. He continues to do a great job so if you NEED someone to blame look within.At the Board.Their incompetence seems to escape any and all vitriol when quite clearly they are to blame. Staggering really.

Like you'd know. Go back to your flea ridden kennel. See if you can fleece some more money from society's have nots.

YOD said:
delz said:

You need to work on your grammar, far too many errors Yoda!

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8