Hasler deserves our respect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
panash said:
robbiea said:
lovefooty said:
Napper said:
As much as i hate to, i agree. Can't question his ability as a coach.

I have never said that he was anything but a good coach but he is a dog of a person.

I suppose you know him personally.Im willing to bet , that you are more of a dog of a person than him.Just a hunch !!

is it just me ??? or is there others that havnt forgotten what he did when he was asked to leave ( coaches,players poached, being a spiteful prick ) ... i dont know the truth behind the scenes but it takes 2 to tango if he was such a great person and no doubt he has proven he can coach and have success .. WHY then did the board of our club that we follow sacked him ??? is the board stupid or did they see something else in Des which was more important to the club than his success ??

I reckon elements of the board viewed him as a tall poppy. If he did all the heinous things he has been accused of, where is the legal action. Surely the case is watertight?

Matabele said:
I reckon elements of the board viewed him as a tall poppy. If he did all the heinous things he has been accused of, where is the legal action. Surely the case is watertight?

You are probably partly right and Cam is probably partly correct too.
We'll most likely never truly know what transpired.
Somewhere in the middle of everything we've heard is my guess.

Mata...take your Dessie doll and blow up Bulldog and off to bed mate.....i think youve had too much sun and I didnt see Dessie bend over last night......Give the love fest up please or go to the kennel

I respect the Des-pot's ability as a footy coach. I'll also give him the credit he deserves for his success with our team. But as soon as he turned his back on Manly, for whatever reason, he lost my respect as a man.
I don't care that his media persona has somehow changed from grumpy whinger to loveable genius with a change of club, and I don't care how much success he has with the Bulldogs (and I'd like to remind everyone they haven't won the comp yet) - he's the enemy. Yes, the manner in which he left Many reflected poorly on the club's administrators but it also reflected poorly on him: anyone who thinks he wasn't signed, sealed and delivered to the Bulldogs long before last season's end, or that he didn't try to actively dismantle everything he'd built and take it with him is deluding himself.
What really irks me about his departure is the whole "rugby league is a business/what has rugby league done for me lately?" bull**** that has been eating away at the game since the Super League days. Sure, we owe Des for what he's done for Manly, but did he ever stop to think about what Manly has done for him - the opportunities as a player and coach that he simply wouldn't have been given at any other club?
And even if he left with handshakes and smiles all around, he's still the enemy. Geoff Toovey is our coach and he deserves our respect and support.

Frogz said:
Mata...take your Dessie doll and blow up Bulldog and off to bed mate.....i think youve had too much sun and I didnt see Dessie bend over last night......Give the love fest up please or go to the kennel

LOL!

25k posts says he isnt a dogs fan......i think you should pick your fights better,but he can be a bit of a tosser sometimes like everyone else,although Mata is one of us Manly fans

Frogz said:

I knew it wouldn't take long.

Did I say he was a Bulldogs supporter...or a Dessie lover......25k posts really is his bigger that yours Eagle......Manly forum, not a Dessie screw athon.....

He's a great coach. He could be the Jesus of coaches, but if he doesn't want to be at Manly who cares how good he is?

WAMF said:
I respect him as a successful coach.
I disrespect him for the manner in which he departed.

Spot on same for me, great coach, dog of a way he concluded his time at the Eagles.

And as far as legal action is concerned its good to see our board are classier than that.

We always knew Des is the best coach in the NRL that's why him selling out with Cleal was such a huge story.

I would never have thought that Des would leave us, I was gobsmacked.
He is a great coach, but will never be as great as he could have been if he had stayed.

Look at the way the bulldogs throw the ball around with purpose. They are attacking with momentum. reminds me of Manly in 2011.

The Manly of 2012 is lacking that direction and just playing ad lib footy and just throwing the ball around willy nilly.

So yes, we should respect Des.

Des strength is his ability to have players go to war for 80 minutes consistently every week.
The attitude was evident in the defensive resolve on display Friday night, particularly on line & after a line break.
Not a master tactician imo but is superior in getting all 17 players commited to every play & all the 1% that most teams dont contest.

His biggest strength is his biggest problem, where his competitive edge to win at all costs takes him down a dark path of underhanded scheming betrayal which shows a glaring weakness - loyalty....respect out the window about there.

Imo has also been very fortunate with playing rosters at both Manly & the Dogs - the bloke with my respect is Toovey who kept afloat the ship Des had harpooned & looked likely to end up next to the Titanic.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8