Hasler confirms stay at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
MANLY premiership winning coach Des Hasler has reaffirmed his commitment to the club declaring he will be head coach for the 2012 season.

Following his second title as head coach and the Sea Eagles' eighth as a club, Hasler has put to rest speculation the master coach is poised to link with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs for 2012.

“I’m at Manly for next year,” Hasler declared.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/02/hasler-confirms-stay-at-manly/

It was almost common knowledge that Des would stay in 2012. Afterall why get your pants sued off when you can make a free decision on your future a year later without contractual obligations.

MrInvisible said:
It was almost common knowledge that Des would stay in 2012. Afterall why get your pants sued off when you can make a free decision on your future a year later without contractual obligations.
What coach is going to want to sign a 1 year contract? Looks like another **** year for the Dogs coming up. hahaha.

I wonder if he would have stayed had we lost that ??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm .. Glad we dont have to worry about that scenario ..

Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:
What coach is going to want to sign a 1 year contract? Looks like another s**t year for the Dogs coming up. hahaha.

Dymock would , he still gains NRL coaching experiences for his resume..

MrInvisible said:
jjai said:
Dymock would , he still gains NRL coaching experiences for his resume..
*taps nose* .... 2012 might be tough for the Dogs, but who knows what the future holds past that.
More ****ness with Keating and Hodkinson leading the front. HAHAHAHA. Gotta laugh at the Dogs.

Good he's here for next year. Now the club needs to get a move on and sign him for an extended period. Ten years sounds about right.

As Supporters, in this happy off season, we should actively source Sponsors so that the Club has the finances to keep the required personnel.

Spread the love and spruik our wonderful Club at every opportunity.:heart:

Des was always going to honour his commitment. He consistently acts with absolute integrity.

Whilst the Sonny Bills of this world might sign contracts and willy-nilly break them, Des is a different beast entirely.

And I suspect that the Dogs have made a huge error in treating Des as if he were a Sonny Bill. Des will have taken note of their ethical stance and of their judgement about his character. And he will note that if they act now as if contracts are not worth the paper they are written on, that he can expect that behaviour from them in the future.

I suspect that this Bulldog error of judgement will be a factor in his decision that will not favour the Dogs. Not the only factor he'll consider, but a significant one.

It's in a coaches self interest that he acts with absolute integrity in relation to honouring his contract---how do you expect the players in your own squad to honour their contracts if they suspect the coach they play under would also break his commitment all for the dollar.

It also helps with contract negotiations in relation to not paying overs---players will play for a little less to play under someone they respect.

I'm happy with that but Penn and co have got to sign him up long term. The 400k should go directly to extend his contract.

swoop said:
I'm happy with that but Penn and co have got to sign him up long term. The 400k should go directly to extend his contract.

I'm all in favour of extending Dessies contract and Crushers---it's more important to boost funding in training facilities and under valued talent spotting in salary cap times and tight budgets but you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

Geelong had to move on from losing a great coach and a great player in a short period of time amazing effort to do so and shows that if you have good base structures in place and decent facilities you can remain competitive and flourish. To be honest we need to get a decent stadium and get close to breaking even before drawing the line in the sand so that we can still attract players to the club even after big losses in personel and players.

So we are in a catch 22 situation----pay too much when we're not travelling all that great financially and with not much potential to do so without a decent stadium and risk going broke but on the other hand without Dessie and good facilities to attract talent we could drop off the map real quick and kill ourselves through lack of interest in an uncompetitive team.

They just said on 7 that the Bulldogs are prepared to go as far as a $1M a season to get Dessie from 2013 onwards. It will be hard to say no.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6