Hasler bans players from playing final City Country

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the game should be about players playing for a country team and not registered to any NRL club versus players who are outside the top 25 of the NRL teams.

It was always a mismatch years ago when they did use country players v first graders but it was interesting to see the good players who wanted to shine from the country.

That would make it more interesting for me.

If that's what Des and Dogs want to do, it only hurts their players, for some of them it may be the only rep jersey they ever get.

NSWRL should turn around and say fine, and exclude all Bulldogs players from the NSW Origin team.

NSWRL should turn around and say fine, and exclude all Bulldogs players from the NSW Origin team.

Des probably wouldn't mind that.

The players would (I believe though); especially since they also get something like 50k per game isn't it?

Plus the club has to have good reasons for withdrawing players. Des can't do it by himself as the players sign eligibility clauses for rep games on their contracts.

so I don't know if the dogs can just say 'No one from our team thanks."

They are saying they only have a 4 day turn around so it's too much. But that's never been good in the past.

Usually they have to be ruled out 'medically' and if so they should be able to play in that weekend's game (against the cowboys.)

We'll see what happens but I cant see greenburg taking any action that would hurt his beloved dogs.

edit: city v country falls under the nswrl organisation so Todd doesn't have to do anything about it and I think John Grant has said: "Whatever, it's the last one and clubs have to look after their players."

So that's that (I think.)

Last edited:
Why Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett likes his players in City-Country
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
April 27, 2017 5:08pm

SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett would never ban his players from the upcoming City-Country game, describing it as an important stepping stone into rep footy.

His comments came after Bulldogs’ counterpart Des Hasler caused a furore by saying that none for his squad would be available to take part in the game on May 7 in Mudgee.

Barrett said a number of Manly players would be in contention for selection in the sides to be announced on Monday, including Jake and Tom Trbojevic for City and Brian Kelly and Akuila Uate for Country.

“I think you can learn a hell of lot in those camps,” Barrett said.

“It breaks up the year a little bit too and gets them out of their normal environment.”

Barrett said that the benefits outweigh any of the possible negatives.

“You do pay the price a little bit for it at club level but I think your players come back better players for it,“ he said.

“It is all part of the experience of playing footy and a learning curve for younger players in particular.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/e6a845aa17839ec085e553bee365cc5d

Fox just keep getting it right have a great channel full of variety for everyone, women are heavily involved, even qlders have a Show! It's great, I can't get enough, converted fox this year. Heaps better than 9.
Oh and it's f#cking funny!

Des is desperate to delivery a premiership, he will sacrifice it all including individual players opportunities to represent. He is a selfish man who needs to prove he is able to deliver a premiers at any cost, after all grub has sacraficed for the dogs Des was quick to offload him to better himself. One thing is for sure he will leave the dogs fincials in a rubble, premiership or not he will fck that club and all to try prove he is a premiership winning coach, best of luck with a coach who is all about his own person gain. Not to mention his bizarre antics....he just aint right in the head.

The latest from the Kennel ...
Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has confirmed Will Hopoate will make his anticipated return from injury, slotting straight back in at fullback;

Des, Fck I hate that cnt.
I've never hated a bulldogs coach, till now.
And don't even get me started on hoppa.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4