Has there ever been a more negative end of the year for a premiership winning team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't even know what to say really

I feel like I want to say so much and let it all out but at the same time I feel like it's not worth it at all.

We won and it's been crap ever since

fortynil said:
Come on it's not that bad. Hoppa was already going for 2 years and we might have found a better player by that time anyway. Dragons also lost their coach while being premiers. It's disappointing to lose Hasler but we have good options

I agree with all that but i think Crusher has already said he goes where Des goes which imo is the biggest blow. He is the reason we have the likes of DCE and Hoppa to start with. If we can keep all the young players we have atm (Especially our halves!!!) we will still go very well for years to come. My fear is the Dogs are after a 5/8 and Foran could be tempted.

torana355 said:
fortynil said:
Come on it's not that bad. Hoppa was already going for 2 years and we might have found a better player by that time anyway. Dragons also lost their coach while being premiers. It's disappointing to lose Hasler but we have good options

I agree with all that but i think Crusher has already said he goes where Des goes which imo is the biggest blow. He is the reason we have the likes of DCE and Hoppa to start with. If we can keep all the young players we have atm (Especially our halves!!!) we will still go very well for years to come. My fear is the Dogs are after a 5/8 and Foran could be tempted.

If crusher goes where DES goes does that mean killer follows as well?

My Week

After a being on a high on Sunday night, this week I have been on a slide down hill, all the talk about Hoppa and now Dessie !!!!
This week should be our happiest yet why don't I feel that way, we as Manly Supporters have become used to the press giving it to us, I have been involved with Manly for a long time as a Sponsor,Mascot,Sand Boy. But I have never seen or felt like this after being crowned Premiers.

Am I on my own here??

My Week

Can not agree with you more mate!! We really need some positive news to turn this around, it's unbelievable we should be continuing with the celebrations instead we are left with alot of uncertainties.

Phoenix - stop it. We don't know for sure yet and anyway, Lyon will still be able to go on his pighunting expeds with Cleal anytime. He is only contracted for two more years anyway.

Phoenix said:
I would gladly give back the premiership this year to retain Hasler.

Are you kidding? No one man is bigger than a club. A premiership is a premiership & they are few and far between for most clubs.

FirstTryScorer said:
Phoenix said:

Are you kidding? No one man is bigger than a club. A premiership is a premiership & they are few and far between for most clubs.

Yeah a bit extreme, but I am sure you can understand given the circumstances. I want to win more premierships with our current coach and squad.

To answer the question, no there has never been a more negative End of the year for a premiership winning team, although there has been a just as negative Start to the year ('09) for a premiership winning team. Let's hope there might be some positive news to come out from tonight.

Phoenix said:
FirstTryScorer said:
Phoenix said:

Yeah a bit extreme, but I am sure you can understand given the circumstances. I want to win more premierships with our current coach and squad.

Des has been amazing for Manly, but things change in footy and teams adapt after the loss of a coach or key player. We've done it before and we'll do it again. That's why we're so successful as a club. We bumbled our way through the comp while we were the bloody Northern Eagles but still didn't cop the spoon. It's a testament to the club and most of all to the fans.

I'm super disappointed too though and holding my breath for the press release today :( It's going to suck.

Calling all first grade players

I'm purchasing one of the limited edition premiers jerseys and wanted to get the players to sign it before they leave,
Don't fancy the drive all the way out to Belmore for a signature, TRex, Fozzie, you guys available?

Ive been reading all the different posts today and it seems there is a common thread - we are all gutted that Des is leaving. Some people are bagging him but he has had problems with the board for well over a year and must be sick and tired of it all. I overheard a conversation in 2010 between a Mr G Lowe and a Mr B Reilly that strongly indicated they wanted to punt him in favour of Tooves. So this doesnt surprise me at all. It is certain factions of the board that have screwed this club through their incompetence. I wonder if Lowe resigned when he did as he knew the s..t would hit the fan later in the year. I feel absolutely shellshocked, gutted, humiliated, angry, sad and much more that after our great win we haven't had even a week to celebrate. As a die hard fan who lives in Qld we are the laughing stock of the other clubs and our Board doesn't give a s...t. The only one I think anything of is Penn as I'm pretty sure he has been trying to get Des's deal done but obvoiusly others haven't wanted it. Des has been great for this club and could lead us back to back in 2012 if we let him stay. To get rid of him now would only hand him on a platter to the Dogs and wouldnt they love us for that!

RE: Calling all first grade players

Manly Daly said:
I'm purchasing one of the limited edition premiers jerseys and wanted to get the players to sign it before they leave,
Don't fancy the drive all the way out to Belmore for a signature, TRex, Fozzie, you guys available?

I tried to order one tonight, but couldn't find it. Do you know where to find it online?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6