Has the weak point shifted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Has anyone changed their mind on any players that we you saw as a weak point last year?

For mine I think Monas is well and truly proving himself as a great hooker, this is what people have been saying for 2 years, that he would be a great hooker and he looks as though he will be. I have changed my mind on him, last year I was a fan until he kicked and screamed. But he has adjusted his attitude and is playing some great footy. His pass to orford to put orford in the gap was perfect, he drew the players and then bam!

Matai the more I watch him the more I can see his potential and what des sees in him. His defense needs some more work and he needs a little bit of time on his shoulders and he will be a good centre for us.

Anyone else?

agreed i have had hope in Matai since i first saw him play. Sure there are a number of things he needs to work on but he seems to have the balls needed to be a good footballer. I think in time he could become a regular in the NZ team

My only criticism of Monas performance at hooker is that he tends to run the ball a little too much...perhaps he's trying to emulate Dunley. Problem is, Monas is pretty slow and is just not that type of player. He would be far more effective as an additional ball player who feeds the first and second receivers, a la his excellent pass to Orford on Saturday night...

My opinion on Bryant has changed, last year I thought he was good this year I think he is great. I think he will go on to be a top line prop and perhaps a SOO player.

I agree with the original post ,I have bagged Monaghan to no end the past year & a half ,but saying this ,I always thought his main problem was not being able to cope with the pressure of being captain & also not being a good enough player to be a teams main play-maker.Both these responsibilities have been taken away from him now & he is playing better footy for it.
Ive also had a problem with our centres ,but openly admit Matai is growing more confident in each game & his handling the ball has gotten alot better.With the addition of Bell ,I think he will teach the younger centres a thing or two ,just as we saw last year with the Kennedy,s presence being a good rub off on players like Watmough.
I also think Steppa will have a hard time getting back to the top level ,withstanding injuries.The Fonz probably left this site at the right time, because last year Steppa bagging was rife ,& until the last few rounds ,it was deservably warranted.

Matai, steppa, robbo in the backs.

Bryant has impressed me the most.

Monas has always been good without too much pressure or with other options - look at the canberra game.

I have been dissapointed with lulu big time - seems he is going for hoppas most weeks on the sideline record and Beaver plus orford early on, albeit they seem to have woken up now.

im glad Monas isnt receiving as much stick anymore. Hes a quality player.. but last year he struggled as the ONLY option in attack. The ball was in his hands at every tackle. This year theres Burns and Orford with him.. captaincy off him.. we will see his best form.

If Minogue doesnt do anything again this game ,i think he will be dropped.Especially if the other forwards play as good or better than last week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6