Has Phil Gould Lost His Nut?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I heard this on Triple M tonight but Phil said in the C v C wrap-up that he would pick Michael Monaghan as NSW half back following the big match.

I have wondered about his mental state for a while but that one really takes the cake. 8D :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

ROTFLMAO :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :drunk: :yeah: 8)

Gould has some merrit.
Monas is a toughguy, Gus likes that & when it comes to origin I don't disagree with him on much.

Orford still has to prove, as does Stewy, that he can slot in & play with new players.
Not saying that's what I'd go with but I do think that he'd do better in that type of footy than Kimmorley.

Maybe it's because you put Phil Gould and Nut in the same sentence or maybe it's something else but I agree with him.

Gower and Kimmorley were crap tonight.. I dare say in an origin game you'd find orford squatting next to the corner post until the game was over... I'd throw in monaghan for sure.. he has the balls to grab the game and try and do something with it.

Goud said in commentary last night that the Blues halfback was not on the field. I presumed he was referring to Orford. But Monaghan????????

mata, bias aside after orford, gower and kimmorly who else is there?

Finch? playing **** at 5/8, monas has the form on the board
mullen/carney? possibly but both young inexperienced and no where near as tough as monas
Hornby? again a maybe but hasnt been in form and has no runs on the board in 7.

thats about it

kimmorley may get a saving grace in that they disregard the entire match because he was KO'd but after his last effort in blue and the first 50 he should be out of the running.

Actually I dont think either of the half backs & that includes Gidley, last night did themselves any favours

It is under no dispute that the two best halfback in the competition to date are Orford and Monaghan. I am going to put Orford up as number 1 with Monaghan about a nanometer behind him, probably due to Orford's injury and lack of game time but I'd say its a fair assumption.

After the game last night, Sterling said to Gould "You don't think the NSW halfback was playing tonight."

Gould said", "No I don't, I think the halfback will come from Manly's Orford and I also wouldn't mind seeing Michael Monaghan.

So if he has any say, I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them thrown in and it really wouldn't bother me either way. Monaghan might just have Orford in terms of toughness and size although once again Orford isn't far behind either, being the NRL's strongest pound for pound player.

Although there is an article on NRL this morning saying the selectors are going to go for experience. Choosing blokes who have been there before and can handle the situation. Orfords name is mentioned as an afterthought and Monas isn't even discussed.

Gower had a shocker. Kimmorley was warming up when taken out. In fact the only half that impressed even a little was Gidley and was he better than we see from Burns? - I doubt it.

This from nrl.com says to me that no-one other than past blue's reps are going to get a look in so my guess is that Gower will get the spot. Which is just crap.
"NSW chairman of selectors Bob McCarthy has indicated the Blues will stick with experienced campaigners for this month's series opener against Queensland in Brisbane.
McCarthy said the Blues would be reluctant to gamble with rookies for the May 23 match at Suncorp Stadium as NSW try to wrest the trophy from the Maroons."

well for Manlys sake lets hope they pick Monaghs! then We can have a fresh Orford during that period. I gotta say that Monaghs will also be tough enough to back up and play a role for us also.

Having said that they wont gamble. My guess is both halves would have played Origin before, who ever they are.

Reading that Finch is a shoe in

may as well give them the trophy now and call the whole thing off

I don't understand the thought process of selectors most of the time.

One look over the population of the NRL will tell you QLD are where they are because they have no fear of injecting 'Rookies' into their team.

Most the quality players in the comp are only 2 or 3 seasons into their career yet we look like sticking with the piss pot halfback that has got us nothing but losses in his million attempts.

I'm not making a statement about Stewart V Mini either. But when talking about blokes who have done it before, we're looking at blokes who have LOST it before... and more times that not a loss has been the outcome.

What's wrong with Monas or Orford in the half back role.

1 and 3 on the try assists list with a QLDer in between them.

If we go with what has lost the series in the past, then you can predict the outcome.

If they go with Lyon at 5/8 all we need at halfback is somebody who can tackle Monas,Gower or Hornby would do.

The only way NSW will win the series is through the forwards and hope the QLD backline cracks under good defensive preasure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4