Has Des improved anyone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The concern for me is Saab, he looks very timid at each facet of the game, definitely has not improved his game from last season,

Anyone one who improves never keeps their spot and then you've got Marty who's not up to 1st grade standard at the moment kept in the side no matter how **** he plays.

Did we have a game plan tonight. We're lucky the dogs have nothing in attack.

I could give a rat's where you played juniors mate, as you've clearly "come out" as a Bulldogs troll in later life. Des will get the team firing again. It's just a matter of time. I will leave you to your special Graeme Hughes lovefest/bromance. Enjoy.
I rest my case Seeya Des Welcome Anthony
Ur apology anytime u like Eagles4Life

Hindsight heroes are a dime a dozen on this site. Seriously, it's about time you all got over yourself, and realised that being right in hindsight is not a massive achievement. 🤭

Actually, being right in hindsight is almost as bad as the clueless dribblers and Sea Eagle heretics who dared to ask questions about team selections, coaching decisions,
club direction and player motivation after losing 15 from 18 games.
Wankers.🤔

Yes the second paragraph was sarcasm.🤫
And talk about hindsight heroes How wrong are u in hindsight and who is the dribbler now!!
Des lost control, poor selections , . All went backwards as I said
Even u surely can see the players improving under Siebold
Go Manly

And talk about hindsight heroes How wrong are u in hindsight and who is the dribbler now!!
Des lost control, poor selections , . All went backwards as I said
Even u surely can see the players improving under Siebold
Go Manly
Hmmm I have never been a massive Des fan mate. Guilty as charged of supporting him at the beginning of last season though. Also guilty of supporting every Manly coach at the beginning of every season since 1970....

Last edited:
We beat an average team at home. I am excited at the potential in the team but it is pretty crazy to
1. Trash des based on it
2. Think that it is anything else other than a promising start
Surely Isz it’s not who we played but more how we played
We r competitive in all areas and all players are playing like it’s their last game
Credit to the new coaching team

We r competitive in all areas and all players are playing like it’s their last game
Again I am not going to judge it on the one game.

Over the past couple of years there have been plenty of backs to the wall games where the team has above and beyond what I thought they would (a couple of Parra games spring to mind)

Again I am not going to judge it on the one game.

Over the past couple of years there have been plenty of backs to the wall games where the team has above and beyond what I thought they would (a couple of Parra games spring to mind)
Silly to judge anything based on one win.

But , it looks like we are headed in the right direction .

Beat the Eels in the next game and we can begin to dream ( only begin ).

Agreed with this - it was the way it was done. We ground them into the dirt by doing the basics at a very high level.

Not on the back of a Turbo demolition.

This is the type of stuff that is sustainable.

Agreed with this - it was the way it was done. We ground them into the dirt by doing the basics at a very high level.

Not on the back of a Turbo demolition.

This is the type of stuff that is sustainable.
Tbh I thought 'the basics' were generally fine in 2021. We almost always went on with games when we started well, controlled possession effectively and only really came undone in defence against the top teams. With largely the same squad in 2023 (assuming all fit), it's not too difficult to imagine the defence improving.

In 2022 I thought that we were infact a little too basic. i.e lacked the strike. The only apparent 2021-22 differences were key injuries and infighting.

Our forwards definitely got shown up without trbo's extra threat in the middle and the modified backline just couldn't buy any time or space to threaten.

Now in 2023, some other developing players like Weekes are ready, the backline is more stable, and Walker/Taupau are gone. Development has been the theme of the last 5 or so years and there's a fair chance 2023 will see the rewards of it if certain players stay fit. Tuilagi appears a (surprisingly) good signing by Des to make both our edges intimidating, and it ensures Bullymore only plays at prop. Lots of pieces coming together in 2023 for Flanagan and Seibold to work with.

But I was at the game and thought Trbo was still pretty important against the Dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4