Has anyone spotted Tim ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Fears for missing ex-league star Tim Pickup continue to grow after an extensive search on Tuesday failed to find him.

Pickup, who suffers from dementia and other ailments, walked out of his retirement home on Sydney's northern beaches at 6.10pm Monday and has not been since.

Police, with the help of media outlets, have asked the public for assistance in finding the former Kangaroo five-eighth, who played 99 games for Canterbury and North Sydney.

Pickup came to league from rugby union club Manly, debuting in first grade at age 17.

He also had a stint as Adelaide Rams CEO during the Super League days.

The 70-year-old was last seen wearing a red, black and blue striped polo shirt and beige shorts.

Pickup has white hair and is unshaven.

He was known for his love of walking, with police regularly patrolling his favourite areas.

A spokesman for Canterbury told Sporting News: "Tim is fondly remembered at the Bulldogs and we are all hoping for a positive outcome.

"We are monitoring the situation closely and giving police any assistance we can."

70 yr old Tim Pickup has gone missing from his Narrabeen home on Monday 6:10pm, and suffers dementia.

tim-pickup_1f8iiz20g85cr16zjkhxmgmdv2.jpg

Very sad and It could happen to anyone of us . No real progress in the medical field to cure the bloody thing

My mother has it. It is beyond hideous.
Sending you the love as it is all that is available to the sufferer and their loved ones :h:

Mum was in hospital with a lady who had it.

It was traumatic for me to see the terror on her face when her sons visited and tried to kiss her, let alone her boys.
Next day she was present and berating them for not visiting :(

And my MIL. Interestingly Tim went to a place in his past, great news. Hey Bozo, good onya for picking the story mate. These are legends of league and the teams they represented doesn't come into it.
I agree . Compassion has to come into it . He lives in Gods Country and that is why I posted on here that hopefully a local may have spotted him .
He has been found , so our mission on our Silvertails forum is complete

Sending you the love as it is all that is available to the sufferer and their loved ones :h:

Mum was in hospital with a lady who had it.

It was traumatic for me to see the terror on her face when her sons visited and tried to kiss her, let alone her boys.
Next day she was present and berating them for not visiting :(
I think we all have experienced this traumatic disease that has consumed a close friend and a loved one . It is really heartbreaking .

I didn’t know he was originally a manly local. I guess he couldn’t get past Thompson at 6 so went to norths and Canterbury

I didn’t know he was originally a manly local. I guess he couldn’t get past Thompson at 6 so went to norths and Canterbury
Pickup was on the 1973 Kangaroo tour, the year Thompson was graded.

How and why he played for Manly in rugby is an interesting one. Just ask Mr Google.

He must be in a bad way to go to there!

I know Tim, haven’t seen him for many years but he had no love for his local team. He took great pleasure ringing me up after the 95 grand final

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8