Has Anyone Seen Today's "Daily Telegraph"?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nuttybott

Reserve Grader
:dodgy:

Not for the first time, I found myself gaping in open-mouthed astonishment at what passes for journalism in this paper. Specifically, the sheer unadulterated hypocrisy of their Grand Final coverage.

"Glory, Glory" screams the banner headline, while the lead paragraph almost salivates over the "pride of the league" completing their "fairytale". The whole tone of the DT's coverage is one of fawning sycophancy towards the Rabbitohs and their "long-suffering supporters".

And in amongst this shameless orgy of journalistic bum-licking there are several references to Souths being "kicked out of the competition" in 1999. But nowhere is there any mention or acknowledgment of the fact that it was News Ltd - the very organisation which publishes the Daily Telegraph - who kicked Souths out. For it was News Ltd who were pulling the strings via their controlling interest in the NRL back in 1999; News Ltd who determined which clubs should survive and which ones should die; News Ltd who excluded Souths from the competition, based on some extremely dodgy and inconsistent "criteria"...and News Ltd who fought a two year legal battle that went all the way to the Supreme Court to try and keep them out.

And yet the tone of today's Telegraph coverage is as though Souths' exclusion was a dastardly act committed by someone else... *nothing to do with us* :angel:

Seriously, I wouldn't use the Daily Telegraph as toilet paper! :mad:

Yep breathtaking hypocrisy from the News Filth.

The Vermin were unceremoniously booted out by the news limited slipper at the end of 00 and now they cant get enough of them.

Every one loves a winner but this news organisation should never be forgiven or forgotten for what they did to Souths, our club and the other clubs that no longer exist!

I have said before that the best use for the telegraph is for homeless bums to stuff down their pants to stay warm.

Indeed. They tried to destroy manly too. I remember one article in The Australian saying Menzies career was being crucified at manly as he wasn't able to play in the elite, global super league.

But let's remember the people have won and we all pretty much know Murdoch press is corrupt and evil.

Jeez. Imagine how much hoopla there's going to be when the Bears get back in and finally win a premiership.

conanu said:
I have said before that the best use for the telegraph is for homeless bums to stuff down their pants to stay warm.

The homeless bums of Redfern will be miserable this week. No one will be throwing their news papers out.

Hey, did anyone else see that meme that was floating around during the week? It had 2 toothless young blokes in South's gear smiling as best the can with the words, "A murder in South Sydney would be impossible to solve. Everyone has the same DNA and there are no dental records". LOfeckinL!!

mozgrame said:
Jeez. Imagine how much hoopla there's going to be when the Bears get back in and finally win a premiership.

conanu said:

The homeless bums of Redfern will be miserable this week. No one will be throwing their news papers out.

Hey, did anyone else see that meme that was floating around during the week? It had 2 toothless young blokes in South's gear smiling as best the can with the words, "A murder in South Sydney would be impossible to solve. Everyone has the same DNA and there are no dental records". LOfeckinL!!

Fucn classic-
Should never have let them back in the comp

cherry_poppins said:
Why poison your mind with something you wouldn't wipe your ass with?

Well I don't...believe me I wouldn't actually buy the Daily Telegraph.
But my wife and I were having a coffee at a local shopping centre, and there just happened to be a copy lying about. So I picked it up, out of a kind of morbid curiosity, just to see whether the DT was capable of hypocrisy on that scale. And sure enough...my suspicions were more than confirmed by the headline on the front page, and the content inside.

The editorial staff of the Daily Telegraph should hang their heads in shame...if they had even the slightest notion of the concept of "shame", that is. Which we all know they haven't. :dodgy:

There are no limits to their treachery and hypocrisy.They are indeed the lowest form of life that we know.

I'm thinking of taking a 6 month vacation to get away from the rags to riches story that is the souths Sydney rabbitohs. This is all we are going to hear about until the footy resumes next year with the 9s, or the start of the comp.....this is going to be unbearable.

And @Nuttybot, I share your frustration about the hypocrisy of the Daily Telegraph.

$10

Ummmmmm......

I don't know why any paper prints the trash mentioned above....pride of the league, etc.

It's not as if souffs fans can read.

Seriously to all the baggers on this site.. Get a life.. What's wrong with positive press, good on Zorba I say.. What do you want, Doom and gloom, and the garbage we read trying to destabilise the club? Get with the club and be supporter not a detractor. Or p**s off and go support the eels.. Losers

Seriously to all the baggers on this site.. Get a life.. What's wrong with positive press, good on Zorba I say.. What do you want, Doom and gloom, and the garbage we read trying to destabilise the club? Get with the club and be supporter not a detractor. Or p**s off and go support the eels.. Losers
We've had the doom and gloom, non stop Jay, incessant, for years. And now the polar opposite. Orchestrated to an end. And don't believe for a second it will last once one second beyond the agenda being fulfilled.

And then Rupert will, once again, be pulling those original puppet strings.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4