Harris money reinvested - Wilson (Telegraph)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
Harris gone, but Manly revamp playing roster

By Richard Dean
20th July 2005

In a stunning revelation which saw star City and Manly second rower Sam Harris jump ship over the weekend and join the Wests Tigers, Manly management has taken swift and obedient action.

Despite Harris being seen as a major contributor to the success the Sea Eagles have relished this year, the club felt he had greater opportunities playing for another club.

"At best he would be in our top 17." Paul Cummings stated quite adamently regarding the 2006 season.

Without dwelling on this situation Manly management has acted quickly and directly in order to capture the future of its rising talent.

Only recently boom young fullback Brett Stewart's contract has been extended until 2009, and with the news of Harris leaving it is believed that barnstorming young City frontrower Jason King will receieve a healthy upgrade to his current contract, making his new contract worth almost $300, 000 a year over 5 years.

"It is great to wrap up our young talent." Manly CEO Pat Wilson remarked. "Frontrowers like Jason come along once every decade, and it was vital that he stayed at Manly as a cornerstone for the clubs future."

In other news regarding the Sea Eagles, boom Melbourne halfback Matt Orford is still undecided on his future, and a decision is sure to be made by the end of this week. Despite Manly edging out Melbourne as favourites for his signature, a last ditch offer from Souths worth almost $600, 000 a year may sway his vote.

Meanwhile, star young Bulldogs utility forward Nate Myles has accepted a 4 year deal with the Sydney Roosters, further bolstering their playing roster for 2006 and beyond. The Roosters edged out both Manly and the Rabbitohs to snare his signature.

"I am bitterly disappointed at missing out on Nate, he is a great prospect." Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson stated.

Jason King will receieve a healthy upgrade to his current contract, making his new contract worth almost $300, 000 a year over 5 years.

You cant be serious. 300K for 20 minutes of soft game time. Props like Jason King only come along once a decade because they have generally been weeded out before they get to first grade.

Maybe he can justify it - I hope he proves me wrong - but he sure hasnt yet.

Ummmmmmmm byso - if you read it carefully I was onto it from the first post.

But then you've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

It's called due dilligence byso.

How about you run off to your happy place hey? I'm sure you'll seem talented amongst the dross that is MSE.

Meantime I'll work in peace on the article that will shatter all of your little childhood fantasies.

A little cut so early in the morning mate, I think you need to go to a happy place champ.

"never lose you're sense of humour" :)

it was all believeable till we reached the Jason King Section, i thought it was going to say he was going to get off loaded, now that would be believable!

Jason King offloaded is believable?

Who would have him. The Canowindra Tigers don't have enough money or the hospital facilities to cater for our own princess.

His old school is a bit week in the front row,

the cheer girls and Eagle angles have all knocked them back

King is all thats left.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4