Harrigan - please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If that would have happened to us, people would have been blowing up deluxe. I thought we were very lucky to get the call going our way.

King got done for this about 15m out from the Rhinos' line in the WCC so I have no problem with the same call going our way. Fact is it is against the rules to lead with the elbow or knees into a defender so the penalty was the correct call.

I think it was a 50/50. I wouldn't have blown up if the try was awarded.

It goes to show how much Billy hates Manly that he went on the record and said the call was a mistake. I have seen him defend the indefensible so for him to acknowledge a mistake on a 50/50 is unheard of!

Why was that the only incident Harrigan commented on in the match? As stated earlier there were plenty of other mistakes the refs made. It was very poor refereeing.

What I think is the 'elephant in the room' is the failure of the two-ref system. When is a review going to be done to evaluate its success? I don't think it has helped the standard at all.

Harrigan is an f'wit of historic proportions-(remember the new rule he applied at Kogarah with the Gasnier bounce try!). The chooks no try should not have been referred to the video ref- once it went to the video ref, I can't see how he had any alternative but to blow a penalty to us, seeing the elbow clearly in Harrison's neck.

Just one of several blatantly incorrect calls on the day, most of which went against us.

It was a square up for the forward pass that happened first. Video cant rule on it so they found something else.

bones is just pissed that the game didn't go into extra time. His prediction. Leading up to that dubious 'try', there was the knock-on from the restart, a forward pass and then the elbow to Harrison's head. Bill is a fucquit, like Gould, when he says that that sort of stuff is just par for the game. Elbows to the head area should be penalized immediately they occur. We are all calling for action on concussion, so where is Billy's head?

MadMarcus said:
I think it was a 50/50. I wouldn't have blown up if the try was awarded.

It goes to show how much Billy hates Manly that he went on the record and said the call was a mistake. I have seen him defend the indefensible so for him to acknowledge a mistake on a 50/50 is unheard of!

Too true Mad Marcus, too true!

What worries me now is the - get even or fix it up in the next match.

I should think the team we play next will get a lot of 'rub of the green' penalties and we'll be left with a sour taste in our mouths. (Maybe)

I like that he came out about the dud call - it would be nice if he was consistent about it

We all want accountability from the ref's for their performance...this is the start

It would be nice Isz if it was a dud call....but it wasn't. There's real concern about concussions, and here's Harrigan saying the elbow to the head is OK, as long as it's in a lead up to a try As soon as it was spotted it should have been penalized. Not later, after a try had been awarded. What we could have now are elbows to the head, and other illegalities leading up to a try, being let go. They disallow tries because of double movements, blocks and knock-ons etc, but is Harrigan saying elbows to the head are OK?

DSM5 said:
It would be nice Isz if it was a dud call....but it wasn't. There's real concern about concussions, and here's Harrigan saying the elbow to the head is OK, as long as it's in a lead up to a try As soon as it was spotted it should have been penalized. Not later, after a try had been awarded. What we could have now are elbows to the head, and other illegalities leading up to a try, being let go. They disallow tries because of double movements, blocks and knock-ons etc, but is Harrigan saying elbows to the head are OK?

Yes.

Bill Harrigan is the single worst thing to happen to Rugby League in the history of the game IMO. His interpretations of rules is a joke and that's the way he teaches the referees to control the games nowadays. That final try to Inglis tonight was a perfect example of how Harrigan has changed what used to be a blatant knock on into a try. He has ruined what used to be a great game. The standard of refereeing is the lowest it has ever been since I have followed the game. Bill Harrigan is solely to blame.

bones said:
Bill Harrigan is the single worst thing to happen to Rugby League in the history of the game IMO. His interpretations of rules is a joke and that's the way he teaches the referees to control the games nowadays. That final try to Inglis tonight was a perfect example of how Harrigan has changed what used to be a blatant knock on into a try. He has ruined what used to be a great game. The standard of refereeing is the lowest it has ever been since I have followed the game. Bill Harrigan is solely to blame.

If only Bozo could have found the keys to the cement truck all those years ago...

bones said:

Absolutely this.

It's not just Origin. It seems like at least every second game of league that I've watched over the past couple of years has been riddled with terrible refereeing. It's beyond bad, it's just embarassing for the game.

Hard to get excited about the NRL when you expect every game to be ruined by some idiot ref.

He will bluff his way through as there is no accountability. The excuse will be Inglis did not play at the ball when it clearly hit his forearm. But for once I agree with Gould, that's been a knock on since 2008.

Matabele said:
He will bluff his way through as there is no accountability. The excuse will be Inglis did not play at the ball when it clearly hit his forearm. But for once I agree with Gould, that's been a knock on since 2008.
And 1908 :)

Bones and wolfpack nailed it.
Harrigan is an arrogant twerp.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7