Harrigan has a point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
I'm yet to be convinced that a draw at the end of 80 isn't OK. What I think should happen, is that after 80 minutes both sides get a point and the team winning in extra time get a bonus point.

That would mean that their game is worth a total of 3 points where a game in which a team wins is only worth 2.

In regular season games what is wrong with having a draw, 1 point each, easy.

If the game needs a result, e.g. a final, play extra time 10 minutes each way with the winner being the team on the highest score, if still drawn go into golden point.

Ralphie said:
If it's changed to golden try, then what would be the benefit from a penalty given right in front of the posts. Teams would simply run up off side time & time again if there were no consequences.

I say get rid of it altogether. A draw after 80 minutes is 1 point each, just like it was before some fool came up with let's have a "fieldgoalathon."

They would probably start being a bit more severe on "professional fouls" if this was the way they were to go.Teams wouldn't rush up deliberately in defence if their numbers were starting to get culled.

I'm not phased either way with the extra time/golden point/golden try or even finishing the game at the end of the 80 minutes but all in all, in my opinion, at the end of the day, if the scores are all locked up in a draw and a winner has to be determined, then the team that has scored the most tries in the game should be rewarded with the win i.e. no winning on penalty goals.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6