Happy to make the Semis???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Last year most Manly fans were happy just to make the top 8 and despite the shellacking at Parra not too many supporters headed off to North Head to finish it all.

One thinks that expectations are much higher this year given the season we have enjoyed.

I have always said that there are two comps in the season: first is to get there and then the real one starts. It has been shown over and over that three good games at the right time of the year will win the comp.

What should our realistic expectations be??? Should we be happy to last to week two and bravely falter? Do we expect to last till week 3 or make the Grand Final. Four other teams are class outfits and will be very hard to beat - Melbourne, Dogs, Dragons and Broncos. I rate them the favourites.

The good thing is that we have got to third (with one week to go) playing a style of footy that will be successful in the semis. Big issue is whether we can make a step up and play under pressure in the big games.

It has been good that we have had so many pressure games inteh apst few weeks as that has helped us to grow as a team. The Melbourne game may well be a strong indication as to how we are going to travel in September as it is all on the line. To slip from 3rd to 6th would be desperately unlucky but it could happen.

When i'm passed out in some gutter... with no pants on and Maroon and White all over my house on the night of OCT 1... when i come to i'll tell you what i thought about the year

As you correctly stated a second comp is about to start. For me once you reach the second week of the semis all teams are equal. To prgress beyond that we will need our best team on the field, at least 50% of the good bounces and a reasonable share of the 50/50 ref calls.

Our form in the last 6 or 7 weeks shows that we are prepared to grind out a victory, I feel confident that the team will still be running in the 80th minute of the match and equally confident that we can hold to win a match by a small margin.

The experience of last year shellacking in the semi final will hopefully be used by the players as motivation to succeed deep into September 2006.

We may not be the most talented team in the top 8, but we are like a dog with bone, hard to shake and that is a good quality to have when playing September football.

As you correctly stated a second comp is about to start. For me once you reach the second week of the semis all teams are equal. To prgress beyond that we will need our best team on the field, at least 50% of the good bounces and a reasonable share of the 50/50 ref calls.

Our form in the last 6 or 7 weeks shows that we are prepared to grind out a victory, I feel confident that the team will still be running in the 80th minute of the match and equally confident that we can hold to win a match by a small margin.

The experience of last year shellacking in the semi final will hopefully be used by the players as motivation to succeed deep into September 2006.

We may not be the most talented team in the top 8, but we are like a dog with bone, hard to shake and that is a good quality to have when playing September football.
i agree pete we are playing like a canterbury side with out the dirtiness.
Im really proud of the way we have grinded out wins this year.

I remember sitting through the Parra game , the Tigers game at brookie and panthers @ brookie thinkin theres no way we will win this game only for the boys to pull it out of the bag.

I think we can give this a real shake

I think the four form teams are Storm, Dogs, Manly and Knights (get back Joey and a nice week off). Dragons to implode as usual. Eels to be brave but miss out.

Overall, they've had a successful year. Before round 1 I thought (hoped) they would slip into the 8 - I'd like to see atleast 1 win during the semi's.

we can mix it with the best and I expect us to progress deep into the finals.

In order to do this we need all our players on the field, if we do I have confidence we can compete in every game and with a little luck get through to the 1st weekend in October.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4