Happy Birthday Bozo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
@BOZO this is for you!
53D34F7B-070F-4C49-87CC-682A36B2A9F3.jpeg

Bob Fulton was born in Warrington. One of the game's original ''Immortals'', Fulton holds the unique distinction of winning premiership titles and Ashes series as a player, captain and coach.

Raised in Wollongong, Fulton joined Manly as an 18-year-old and in 11 years with the Sea Eagles never played anything other than first grade.

edit: Wally Lewis was also born on this day (ugh) and Artie Beetson passed away on this day.

(from nrl . com)

Our Bozo is in his darkened room watching highlights from the 70’s

Did you know that Bob Fulton also played a game of international rugby union? Though it is not classed as such.

After he was conscripted into the army (stationed at base 5RAR in Sydney he was one of the lucky ones who didn't get sent to Vietnam, and because he was in Sydney the army allowed him to continue his league career with Manly), Bozo represented the Australian Combined Services in a rugby union game against the touring All Blacks at North Sydney Oval on 12 June 1968. The All Blacks won the game 45-8 with Bozo playing fly-half (5/8).

5RAR was the 5th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment. Born in 1965 it based at the Holdsworthy Barracks and did two tours of Vietnam. Fulton was assigned to artillery during the first tour working mainly as a PE instructor and in rugby leagues off-season was involved in transporting troops to the combat zone on board the aircraft carrier HMAS Sydney. After 5RAR's second tour of Vietnam ended, it was linked with 7RAR to become 5/7RAR with headquarters now in Darwin and has since seen action in the Gulf War, East Timor and Afghanistan.

Bob Fulton's military rank was Lance Bombardier, the artillery equivalent of a Lance Corporal (for those not familiar with military ranks, he was basically one step up from a Private).

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO THE INCOMPARABLE IMMORTAL
AND THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME !

Before Bob Fulton there were no premiership wins for the Manly Sea eagles

Today we celebrate the great man that made Manly great

The Godfather Ken Arthurson ...........
" Bob Fulton is the greatest player I have seen and I have seen them all "
manlyballooons.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6