Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Behind paywall. www.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fteams%2Fsea-eagles%2Fmanly-could-field-three-trbojevic-brothers-in-2020-after-bens-promotion-to-nrl-squad%2Fnews-story

742f54663e7450d1f0ce1f1f6419f8f6

WHY TURBO JR ‘PREFERS’ TOM OVER JAKE
He made his name as a backrower in the junior grades but Ben Trbojevic is set to make his NRL debut in the centres — and it’s just as well he won’t be packing down alongside Jake in the forward pack.

Spoiler alert

It's because Tom is more laid back than Jake, or so he said on an interview about 2 weeks ago!

He certainly looks the goods to be a major force out there in the centres. In a year or so they'll start talking on the media about him in the same breath as his older brothers. What awesome talents in the one family, and such likable types as well

Ben has a long way to go especially in the tackling department.

Lets hope there is no undue expectation laid on him and Ben learns on his own terms :nod:

Behind paywall. www.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fteams%2Fsea-eagles%2Fmanly-could-field-three-trbojevic-brothers-in-2020-after-bens-promotion-to-nrl-squad%2Fnews-story

742f54663e7450d1f0ce1f1f6419f8f6

WHY TURBO JR ‘PREFERS’ TOM OVER JAKE
He made his name as a backrower in the junior grades but Ben Trbojevic is set to make his NRL debut in the centres — and it’s just as well he won’t be packing down alongside Jake in the forward pack.
Hey @Brissie Kid are you able to post the full article ? please - I am a bit 'special' and don't know how to get around paywall..

Manly could field three Trbojevic brothers in 2020 after Ben’s promotion to NRL squad
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
December 28, 2019 11:59am

Ben is the youngest of the four Trbojevic brothers but at 195cm tall he is also well on his way to being the biggest.
And now he is 18, Ben is eligible to make his NRL debut beside older brothers Jake and Tom next season.
Despite the anticipation surrounding the teen, Manly coach Des Hasler is reluctant to rush the talented prospect.
Trbojevic also isn’t in any rush. He’s content to learn the ropes during his first pre-season with the NRL squad while quickly getting used to Hasler’s unique approach to coaching.

similars

Ben Trbojevic has been training with the NRL side.
Ben Trbojevic has been training with the NRL side.
“I’ve still got a lot to go,” he said. “It’s my first pre-season and I’m learning heaps.

“Des is real good too, he’s really funny. He does (crack jokes) and he rips into a few of the boys and it’s funny.”

Trbojevic has been training at centre despite playing mostly in the backrow coming through the ranks.

“Last year my coach put me in the centres and ever since then I’ve wanted to stay there,” he said. “I like defending at centre. And when the middles are tired I like that I can come in to have run out of our own end to help them. I enjoy having more space too out the back.”

Whether he carves out a career in the backline or forward pack, Trbojevic is in good hands.

As well as Hasler’s guidance, his brothers are always ready and willing to offer advice.

“When I played in the backrow, after games Jake would give me tips and all that stuff on where he thought I could improve,” he said. “At training he is always hard on me, telling me how I can get better. He’s a good influence. He has always been there for me.

Ben Trbojevic in action during the Under 18 State of Origin. Picture: Adam Head
Ben Trbojevic in action during the Under 18 State of Origin. Picture: Adam Head
“Tom has played at centre for the Blues and for Australia, so he’s been helping me out too, especially with tips under the high ball and things to be aware of during the game that can help with reading the game.”

Eldest brother Jake is “hard” on Ben, even away from the playing and training. It’s the reason Trbojevic joked that Tom was his favourite sibling.

“I reckon Tom, he’s a bit more relaxed,’’ he said. “Jake is a lot more intense. He’s always on to me. Whatever I do he is always like ‘why are you doing that?’ and ‘why are you eating that?’.

“Tom is more relaxed.”

This month Trbojevic was named in Brad Fittler’s Future Blues squad and was part of the Emerging Blues training camp.

Ben Trbojevic during the Emerging Blues and Future Blues Playing Camp.
Ben Trbojevic during the Emerging Blues and Future Blues Playing Camp.
He said Fittler’s quirky training techniques, especially the focus on breathing, weren’t entirely new to him.

“We do breathing at Manly now,” he said. “It helps you to focus and you can feel the difference … When you are in the tough bit of the game and you’re really feeling it, it’s good to know different techniques that benefit in those moments.”

The Sea Eagles locked up all three brothers last month. Jake and Tom extended their contracts until the end of the 2026 season, while Ben re-signed for a further two years.

Odds on a appearance in FG this year? If hes in the squad and we have a bad injury run who knows.
I would say unlikely. Interesting that he prefers to play centre though. That is a position we seem quite light on so you never know, some kids can develop a hell of a lot in 1 pre season but it would be a huge ask for a kid

Much will depend on how Ben performs at Blacktown. He gave most of his 30 and developmental squad a chance at First Grade last year. Even Anderson would have been in the side for a game, had he not suffered an injury in late '19 and Miski replaced him. If they perform well at Blacktown, they'll get a shot at a game or two, Albert and Schuster maybe in second half of year and Ben late in the year. Des will want to see what they've got in an easy game for the future

It was our lack of backline depth that undid us last year so hopefully Burbo and young Hoppa can stay healthy. If a few injuries strike they will probably get a crack this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4