Hands Up Who Likes Boxing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
KOMORI said:
One of our fitness coaches at the Jets wanted me to quit footy and take up the sweet science after watching me blue on the field and work/spar in the gym... My parents said no. I respected my parents wishes and it's probably a good thing... Copped enough concussion related issues since quitting footy in the 90's, and my idea of defense was "take a few to land a few" lol :)

that and the bilambil jets are nancy's!!! :p

go the mustangs!!!!!

*I haven't yet gotten into the ufc.....I'm still kinda trying to get past the feeling that it always seems to end up with 2 sweaty guys wrestling on the floor.

Can understand that Global, you get that all the time at home.

Looks like Alan went to the University of "AWWWW SNAP"!!

;)

I've still got my Jets jerseys and a Seagulls jersey too... Wife can't understand why I won't let them go. Growing up in Bilambil, playing for the Jets when we won the premiership in '93 & '94 was just awesome. Great times!

KOMORI said:

;)

I've still got my Jets jerseys and a Seagulls jersey too... Wife can't understand why I won't let them go. Growing up in Bilambil, playing for the Jets when we won the premiership in '93 & '94 was just awesome. Great times!

The only thing I know for certain Komori, is Global will make me pay for that brainfart.

your mention of the Jets brought back some memories of playing at Hensen ... great change rooms.

I have nothing.....it was too funny.

Heat + bourbon = emptyness.

A baby bear ran in front of us whilst driving an hour ago!

wait:

That's true Alan, but only when you and Thorpie pay a visit!!!

How was that?

Meh

I give up.

(that's what she said)

Alan said:
KOMORI said:

;)

The only thing I know for certain Komori, is Global will make me pay for that brainfart.

your mention of the Jets brought back some memories of playing at Hensen ... great change rooms.

Which one was Hensen? Memory ain't so flash these days :(

For mine Seagulls Stadium was the best ground I ever played at, followed by the original Jets club, not the new Mickey Mouse field they play at these days... I remember getting pissed (literally pissed on as the sheds were below the bar!) on at Mullumbimby, getting epic infections from cuts at the Tugun Tip and the coldest of cold showers at Runaway Bay..

But most of all, switching from beer to rum as the sun went behind the hill at Jetties and the temp dropped 10°, and drinking all night with the boys before going to school at TRHS lol..

Sorry for the thread high jack BTW... Lot of reminiscing going on here :)

No worries at all @KOMORI

Alan, GE and I are guilty of the same, now and then.

It's probly best to move on quickly from the other ''male-bonding'' being discussed back there too!

KOMORI said:
But most of all, switching from beer to rum as the sun went behind the hill at Jetties and the temp dropped 10°, and drinking all night with the boys before going to school at TRHS lol..

Sorry for the thread high jack BTW... Lot of reminiscing going on here :)

Ahhhhh, Tweed river high school, that explains a lot! :p

- actually it explains nothing, just letting you know I knew those initials!

erm...boxing.

Before all the problems.....I used to get pretty excited when Tyson was having a bout. He was brutal.

He was GE, and he's matured a lot as a human-being now.

My fight's finally about to start, so I'm off!

Could be back in a minute...LOL!

RiverEagle said:
He was GE, and he's matured a lot as a human-being now.

My fight's finally about to start, so I'm off!

Could be back in a minute...LOL!

crikey! I feel like some corona's all of a sudden!

I love boxing and UFC! There have been some very entertaining boxers over the years and one of my favourites was Prince Naseem. Technically unsound, but could generate a fair bit of power from all angels. Eventually got knocked out himself.....but what a ride he took us on!

My Dad trained boxers locally so my 3 brothers and I all spent most of our childhood in and around the ring. I loved to imitate Naseem, and my Dad hated it. Hahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEatWLF9hI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vpnrlvY9w

Prince Nazeem was pretty to watch in his day... But dear god I watched every fight of his hoping he'd get cleaned up!

Tyson was just a brutal fighter. Period. Hard as nails and great to watch, there was some pretty handy heavyweights in those days :)

Kostya will always be my fav tho: the adopted son of the entire Australian population. Never took a backward step... Just got on with it!

Alan said:
Can't believe I got off that light. Don't tell @Komori about the postcards from home thread!

PS I was talking about Hensen Park Syd. I thought you meant Newtown Jets

Bilambil Jets >>> Newtown Jets ;)

@mozgrame : yeah I made it through the TRHS system lol.. My year ('93) graduated as academically the worst in history (at the time lol) but we got to the final 16 of the Commonwealth Bank Cup, and final 8 of the State Bank cup!! Had some good players... You'd remember Wayne Evans, Chris Flint, Adam Hayden (played in NE years??) and a few years ahead of me big Steve Edmed to name a few :)

^ me too! i wished the prince was going to get thumped out of the ring!

this alverez - lara fight is going well.....the longer it goes, the better alverez is looking

KOMORI said:
Prince Nazeem was pretty to watch in his day... But dear god I watched every fight of his hoping he'd get cleaned up!

Tyson was just a brutal fighter. Period. Hard as nails and great to watch, there was some pretty handy heavyweights in those days :)

Kostya will always be my fav tho: the adopted son of the entire Australian population. Never took a backward step... Just got on with it!

Alan said:
Can't believe I got off that light. Don't tell @Komori about the postcards from home thread!

PS I was talking about Hensen Park Syd. I thought you meant Newtown Jets

Bilambil Jets >>> Newtown Jets ;)

@mozgrame : yeah I made it through the TRHS system lol.. My year ('93) graduated as academically the worst in history (at the time lol) but we got to the final 16 of the Commonwealth Bank Cup, and final 8 of the State Bank cup!! Had some good players... You'd remember Wayne Evans, Chris Flint, Adam Hayden (played in NE years??) and a few years ahead of me big Steve Edmed to name a few :)

mozgrame...pffffft I was the one who translated the trhs initials!!!!

lol now I understand the academic record. lololocoptor

LAST ROUND!

Hah my bad... I'll blame mozgrame anyways hehe....

Hopefully the boys go through without anymore losses so Mrs mozgrame gets kept busy all year :)

Mrs Komori, on the other hand, is trying to work out how to trade Mr Komori for a certain BJ Lawrence :)

oooooooooooooh a split decision...and the final judge (a mexican) gave it 117-111 to the mexican alvarez!

a bit of push and shove in the ring after the match.

lol, alvarez called lara a marathon runner and not a boxer.

@komori sometimes I'm glad my missus doesn't watch the footy!

edit: outta respect for your opinion @riverEagle I streamed the bout. Glad I did.

globaleagle said:
oooooooooooooh a split decision...and the final judge (a mexican) gave it 117-111 to the mexican alvarez!

a bit of push and shove in the ring after the match.

lol, alvarez called lara a marathon runner and not a boxer.

@komori sometimes I'm glad my missus doesn't watch the footy!

edit: outta respect for your opinion @riverEagle I streamed the bout. Glad I did.

Yeah, was worth it totally in the end!

Still encapsulated the best and worst of the sport.

Lara got on his bike, back-pedalled and ran virtually the whole fight...

How on earth a judge gave Lara the bout 115-113 is an abomination.

Canelo at middleweight (154lbs) often hits like a welterweight (184lbs).

If Lara had actually stopped and squared-up, Canelo would've finished him.

Coronas' (or Sol's) all-round!!

(For my favourite foreign fighter, Saul Alvarez,of course!)

Good choice to watch it too, GE.

Did you enjoy it?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4