halves.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Did anyone think today that Foran played more of the role of the ball player today in the halves?Seemed like Hoddo was more in control of the kicking game and Foran was more the architect of running play?
Maybe this was des' game plan hmmmmmm,
also good to see Hoddo talking alot and trying to fire up the boys....

A few of hodgkos deep kicks the last few games keep going dead in goal surely this isn't a game plan by des i suppose he's still to master it.

Foran was doing a bit more with the ball but that is more to do with where they are playing. Foran is playing with runners like Matai and Watmough, Hodkinson is playing with Stewart and Lyon on his side.

I thought our kicking game in NZ was very good apart from a stupid chip kick.  A couple sat up in the in-goal, a couple went clearly long, giving us time to set defense, and one went just over the line.  Much improved on the week before.  The team is improving and that's what you want to see.   

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
A few of hodgkos deep kicks the last few games keep going dead in goal surely this isn't a game plan by des i suppose he's still to master it.

The kicks that went dead were definetly on purpose against the Warriors.
Our forwards were off their feet, it was sensible play from Hodkinson.
It allowed our forwards a breather and gave the team a chance to reset the defensive line.

4 rounds in and the both get a pass mark from me. Foran is full of potential... I hope we don't let him go.

Hodkinson is doing what needs to be done at the moment... looks like he doesn't know how to play a bad game.... very solid.

Foran has been the dominant partner in the pairing the whole way, he tries more and takes more on, while Hodkinson sits back and distributes a lot more

With 35 tackles I wouldn't say Hoddo is 'sitting back'. As he adjusts to NRL pace over the next 10 rounds or so he is going to be a great addition to the side.

I think that they will both get better with experience. Very impressed by their defence and their attacking plays will come in time. Happy to have a half who can kick more than 15 mtrs......

if hoddo has to keep making 38 tackles a match then we should expect foran to take more control of the attack.

Having 2 genuine halves in the correct positions allows that flexibility

Foran is also the more experienced of the 2 at NRL level.

those 8 or 10 (or however many) he played last year, as well as the internationals would have given him a bit of an edge at this point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8