Hall V Gallon ...?

Who do you want to see knocked out ...

• Gallon

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Hall

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
OK ... just because it's slow around here ..... here's another one ....

If you could name your champion to get in the ring in a no holds barred last man standing bash 'em up agaist the opponent of your choice ... what match up would you pay ringside seats to go and see...

My choice of champion would be Mark Bugden ... and the opponent would be GreenTurd ......

Les Davidson vs Cam Smith

I feel that it's a bit like the more masculine version of dancing with the stars. People watch something they were never really interested in in the hope that someone they don't like makes an arse of themselves. Celebrity appears to be entertainment in itself nowadays.

Lol...I think it will be far more of a cuddle match than a boxing one :)
But they are both still jumping in the ring and the result will be thrown up on every media site around the country. They might not be Mike Tyson, but they can both hit hard enough to smash the jaw of folk like you and I into lots of little broken pieces. It takes courage to expose oneself to that type of potential injury and humiliation.

It’s not as though either of them are hard up for cash... and Gallen won’t be cuddling anyone mate.

But they are both still jumping in the ring and the result will be thrown up on every media site around the country. They might not be Mike Tyson, but they can both hit hard enough to smash the jaw of folk like you and I into lots of little broken pieces. It takes courage to expose oneself to that type of potential injury and humiliation.

It’s not as though either of them are hard up for cash... and Gallen won’t be cuddling anyone mate.
Jeez mate, it's like I can't post anything without you launching some sort of personal attack at me. What did I ever do to you? Question your intelligence? Ridicule your beliefs? Attack the character of your chosen God? ;)
So, if I was to throw my hand up and enter some local fight where I then got the **** kicked out off me, should I be applauded for my bravery? No, it would damage the reputation of the sport! If all people want to see from boxing is someone getting their head smashed in then it completely justifies the calls for it to be banned. It's not two professional athletes trying to outdo each other in a physical contest - it's two washed up old guys trying to show that they are still relevant as celebrities. Gallen is trying to show he is an actual boxer, without actually fighting anyone of credibility and Hall has been trying to spark some sort of media career for years now.
Contest wise, Hall may be a dickhead but he's not as dumb as most of the guys that Gallen has fought so far and isn't looking to spark some sort of 20+ year comeback to the sport and with only 2 mins a round Gallen won't be able to wait until his (usually very fat) opponent is so tired that they can't hold their arms up anymore. It's either a beat up or a missmatch and either way it makes a joke of the sport (or what's left of it these days) and the fact that they are getting paid what they are makes this even worse.

Jeez mate, it's like I can't post anything without you launching some sort of personal attack at me. What did I ever do to you? Question your intelligence? Ridicule your beliefs? Attack the character of your chosen God? ;)
So, if I was to throw my hand up and enter some local fight where I then got the **** kicked out off me, should I be applauded for my bravery? No, it would damage the reputation of the sport! If all people want to see from boxing is someone getting their head smashed in then it completely justifies the calls for it to be banned. It's not two professional athletes trying to outdo each other in a physical contest - it's two washed up old guys trying to show that they are still relevant as celebrities. Gallen is trying to show he is an actual boxer, without actually fighting anyone of credibility and Hall has been trying to spark some sort of media career for years now.
Contest wise, Hall may be a dickhead but he's not as dumb as most of the guys that Gallen has fought so far and isn't looking to spark some sort of 20+ year comeback to the sport and with only 2 mins a round Gallen won't be able to wait until his (usually very fat) opponent is so tired that they can't hold their arms up anymore. It's either a beat up or a missmatch and either way it makes a joke of the sport (or what's left of it these days) and the fact that they are getting paid what they are makes this even worse.
Where did I launch a personal attack on you in the above post? Specifically? Or anywhere else for that matter? Your questioning of my intelligence (yet again) might be considered one though.

I merely disagreed with your claim that the fight tonight will be a cuddle fest. And if people choose to pay money to see the contest then why is it a disgrace? Both Barry Hall and Paul Gallen have worked extremely hard in their preparation for this bout and I know for a fact that Paul went toe to toe with a VERY good 31 year old heavyweight fighter who hits like a truck, and his opinion on whether Gallen can hold his own in the ring is very different to your own.

As for Barry... whilst the vision of his jab in the vision above isn’t great, he has the power to destroy both ME (capitals so you don’t derive insult) and you. He also has the power to knock Gallen out if he’s not careful.

But carry on...

Last edited:
Where did I launch a personal attack on you in the above post? Specifically? Or anywhere else for that matter?

I merely disagreed with your claim that the fight tonight will be a cuddle fest. And if people choose to pay money to see the fight then why is it a disgrace? Both Barry Hall and Paul Gallen have worked extremely hard in their preparation for this bout and I know for a fact that Paul went toe to toe with a VERY good 31 year old heavyweight fighter who hits like a truck, and his opinion on whether Gallen can hold his own in the ring is very different to yours.

As for Barry... whilst the vision of his jab in the vision above isn’t great, he has the power to destroy both ME (capitals so you don’t derive insult) and you. He also has the power to knock Gallen out if he’s not careful.
There you go again with your personal attacks......any more of these and I will refuse to discuss any more disagreements that I have with you (only if I'm clearly losing though).
People may pay for it, but how would you feel if state of origin turned into this?

Where did I launch a personal attack on you in the above post? Specifically? Or anywhere else for that matter? Your questioning of my intelligence (yet again) might be considered one though.

I merely disagreed with your claim that the fight tonight will be a cuddle fest. And if people choose to pay money to see the contest then why is it a disgrace? Both Barry Hall and Paul Gallen have worked extremely hard in their preparation for this bout and I know for a fact that Paul went toe to toe with a VERY good 31 year old heavyweight fighter who hits like a truck, and his opinion on whether Gallen can hold his own in the ring is very different to your own.

But carry on...
Power alone in boxing is pretty useless.

Power alone in boxing is pretty useless.
I agree (particularly with professional fighters), but I doubt whether Gallen or Barry are going to be thinking too much about the science involved tonight.

In any case, I will reserve my keyboard opinion until after the fight. I guess we will all see whether Barry Hall has a limp wrist jab, or if Gallen’s a cuddle monkey after the event.

Last edited:
I agree (particularly with professional fighters), but I doubt whether Gallen or Barry are going to be thinking too much about the science involved tonight.

In any case, I will reserve my keyboard opinion until after the fight. I guess we will all see whether Barry Hall is a limp twisted jabber, or Gallen’s a cuddle monkey after the event.
To clarify my previous comment: I don't think Gallen would be the one instigating the cuddling. I just expect Hall to shut down anything that gets to close and I think he will be trying to get through unscathed or may hope to land a couple of lucky shots with his reach advantage. Gallen has a lot more to lose in this fight.

To clarify my previous comment: I don't think Gallen would be the one instigating the cuddling. I just expect Hall to shut down anything that gets to close and I think he will be trying to get through unscathed or may hope to land a couple of lucky shots with his reach advantage. Gallen has a lot more to lose in this fight.
Big time.

Big time.
I’d be very surprised if he lost, but nothing in this life is guaranteed besides God, death and taxes.

In any case, I will reserve my keyboard opinion until after the fight. I guess we will all see whether Barry Hall has a limp wrist jab, or if Gallen’s a cuddle monkey after the event.
I don't think Gallen is a cuddle monkey at all. I think he's taking this seriously and will try to outbox Hall and will end up getting inside and clobbering him. I also think that won't be very hard because Hall doesn't look like much of a boxer.

I don't think Gallen is a cuddle monkey at all. I think he's taking this seriously and will try to outbox Hall and will end up getting inside and clobbering him. I also think that won't be very hard because Hall doesn't look like much of a boxer.
I didn’t intend to imply you thought that.

Barry Hall did win the amateur Vic under 16 boxing title. Long time ago I know... I haven’t seen enough of him to make a call on whether I think he can hold his own or not. Time will tell.

I am no fan of gallen’s but I hope he knocks hall for 6. Anyone boxing professionally should box for 3min rounds. That hall’s team forced gallen to fight 2min rounds is a total cop out - afl pussy

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2