Hall tragedy brings players from afar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
PARRAMATTA halfback Jeff Robson won plenty of admiration from Manly players when he turned up at the most heartbreaking NRL gathering of the year on Friday.

Just hours before his semi-final appearance against the Gold Coast Titans at the SFS, Robson joined a host of league stars at the funeral of Manly forward Glenn Hall's stillborn baby boy, Lachlan Mark Hall, at St Brigid's Catholic Church at Coogee.

Best mate and godfather of Lachlan, Mark 'Piggy' Riddell made a rushed trip from England with his fiancee Karli Smith before returning yesterday to play in a Super League semi-final for Wigan.

Manly legend Steve Menzies and his soon-to-be wife Suyin Condon were at the service after also flying in from England the previous evening.

The owners of the Sea Eagles, the Penn and Delmege families, were also there, along with all the Sea Eagles players.

Gut wrenching. Truly, truly gut wrenching. So many sad, sad things have happened to so many great Manly fans & players this year.

Life is a wonderful thing - hopefully things are better for all next year. Some things can never really be forgotten, but these events can help us grow and be better people I guess.

My sincere condolences to Hally.

The fact that Robson came makes me cheer Parra to win the comp this year. Classy guy deserves a classy gf win. What a story, I mean this guy was condemned to be a career lower grader.

Besides, I'd rather then than the Brisbane, Melbourne and Bulldog juggernauts anyway.

NYEagle

Fluffy link said:
its hard to think that this didnt have a big effect on the boys in melbourne

I think this had a big part in the teams failure but then again they are professionals that should overcome adversity however if you look back at the year in review I think the fate was sealed well before a ball had even been kicked.

Year 09 stands as a year to forget and to build on for year 2010

Professionals are still human beings. The Manly team that played against the Titans was not the same team that played against Melbourne and this is part of the reason why.

A happy team is so important and the individual characters also have a big impact. A tragedy like this and the fall-out from Snake's charges (earlier) affect everyone in the squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6