HalfBack during SOO period

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
The first SOO is on the 31st May. We will lose selected players for the away match against Newcastle on the 28th May.
Assume DCE is selected, the halfback replacement will be? Weekes or Humphreys. Manly has a bye after the SOO.
The second SOO is on the 21st June, affecting our team for the 17th June match against Parramatta and possibly the following away match at Melbourne on the 24th june if there happens to be any injuries.
The third SOO on the 12th July, Manly has a bye prior to the SOO followed by a home match against the Cowboys.

I don't expect Turbo to be selected but Jake & Haumole are right in the calculations for selection.

Would like to see Humphries get a run , more traditional half ,Weakes fullback if Turbo picked ,Johns ok as a fill in but don't see him as our future half
Big fan of Humphreys. Don't see why he shouldn't be given a shot. He is the 7 we should be investing in, and was picked there in pre-season before his injury. Whenever our first string spine players are out, the next 1-6-7-9 of Weekes-Fainu-Humphreys-Chan Kum Tong should be next in (since Rd 11 is upon us). They are our future, and Johns is good cover for Latu until he comes of age

My 2 cents worth.

For the game against Newcastle just 3 days before Origin 1, we'll probably be missing Tom, DCE, Jake and Haumole.

Kaeo Weekes or Reuben Garrick are the obvious choices to play fullback if Tom is playing for NSW.

I would think that Cooper Johns would be the first choice to play half in place of DCE.

Bullemor would probably be the back row replacement while I'd guess Toff or Keppie would get the start in the front row.

I remember last year when there were rumblings that Sam Walker would take DCEs halfback spot for QLD.

How times have changed.

Presuming Schu is still injured....Croker to 6, Johns to 7, Gordon to 9 and Lawton on the Bench.

Humphreys is a next year project IMO. Watched him live on the weekend. Not ready, kicking was weak needs more games against grown ups

I assume

1.Weekes
6.Schuster
7.Johns

And if Schu is out

1.Weekes
6.Johns
7.Humphries

Here is a silly thought.....

If Shoe continues to have injury worries ... what price Froggy moves back to the halves for a couple of games and Gordon comes in to play dummy half??

Shu/Johns halves combination is fine. No need to overthink it. Depth would be Croker and Weekes I suppose.

One thing DCE really has going for him is his resilience. Apart from the games over SoO period he rarely misses a game.

Remember, Lawton is an old half back. Plenty of options.

I can play halfback. I'll do it for $100.

Sure I'm 48 and overweight and would show more guts than Merv Hughes in that old skin tight Aussie shirt of his. Sure I was a prop back in my day, and the only time I fed a scrum was taking the rest of the pack out for a post win pizza. But growing up on Aussie rules I have kicking skills most NRL halves can only dream of.

Just have St Johns on hand for the inevitable heart attack as I make my first run, which will probably be the run onto the field lol

Here is a silly thought.....

If Shoe continues to have injury worries ... what price Froggy moves back to the halves for a couple of games and Gordon comes in to play dummy half??
Cat Idea GIF by EOSNET
I like that idea.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4