Hadley wants AFB gone for 8 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its such a common phrase - he probably has used it all his life, I say it too not thinking about actual down syndrome people - its an Aussie slang

"mate, your a fuc*kin spastic"
Exactly. What are the odds Addin learned the expression by being called those names back in his own school days?
Yes it is important that we learn how words can hurt, but I think Andrew Abdo is a bit confused about the meaning of vilification if he says it was clear breach of the NRL anti-vilification rules.
If that ref actually had a disability and was abused in those terms then I'd agree it was vilification, but that's not the case.

Exactly. What are the odds Addin learned the expression by being called those names back in his own school days?
Yes it is important that we learn how words can hurt, but I think Andrew Abdo is a bit confused about the meaning of vilification if he says it was clear breach of the NRL anti-vilification rules.
If that ref actually had a disability and was abused in those terms then I'd agree it was vilification, but that's not the case.

Good point.

Hopefully Adbo as a "Manly fan" has access to google definitions, or even a lawyer. (or Manly).

Well said and puts in all in perspective echos my sentiments exactly great post Bozo
Good on you feathered friend I am glad that you can see outside the square
Have an Awesome day
and Go the Manly Sea eagles
taupaum-190330_gt_84.jpg

Its such a common phrase - he probably has used it all his life, I say it too not thinking about actual down syndrome people - its an Aussie slang

Agree.
Someone pushing in at a traffic jam - "what a retard!"
I am not comparing them to someone with special needs but more the dictionary definition - delay or hold back in terms of progress or development. So, in my view, socially the person who sneaks up the service lane on the left and pushes in is delayed socially. (Maybe Addin should have used the dictionary definition as his excuse)
Also, words do infiltrate into our language through osmosis -
I always pull my own son's up when everything that is not good is "gay" and then I am trying to fix a hinge on the kitchen cupboard and my wife keeps asking, "what is taking so long?" and I yell out that "because this hinge is so ****ing gay" So that is double trouble for me. I know it is not good but in the heat of the moment, you have to have some leniency for slip-ups.

Despite Fainu not being in the place to comment on discipline, he had a point. Horsbrough basically said f*** you to the fans and got a pat on the back.

Inconsistency is the NRLs middle name.

It’s a bad thing to say. I grew up in Alllambie heights the home of the former Spastic Centre. My first job was pushing a barrow selling newspapers to them and the nearby sunnyfield disabled workshop. Great people in there, many with severe disabilities. They loved the sea eagles and lined up to buy papers, always talking about footy to me.

Every Brookie game in the 70s and 80s would have a bus of disabled people from the centre in the crowd. Many would be in wheelchairs near the dugout.

In more recent times Monas and other players were regulars at the Arranboui cerebral palsy school near the spastic centre.

so really there is no excuse for manly players to use these derogatory terms.

Alex ma leads them on to the field regularly.

having said that I think an apology would suffice, and get Addin up working with those kids. Suspension is a joke.

Last edited:
Maybe Andrew should ‘abdocate’.

I've had to send in a few reports to ebay about people and their outbursts. I was looking for some siding for a shed I am building and a whole bunch of them had listed them as fire retardant! Can you imagine that? I am so so offended.

It’s a bad thing to say. I grew up in Alllambie heights the home of the former Spastic Centre. My first job was pushing a barrow selling newspapers to them and the nearby sunnyfield disabled workshop. Great people in there, many with severe disabilities. They loved the sea eagles and lined up to buy papers, always talking about footy to me.

Every Brookie game in the 70s and 80s would have a bus of disabled people from the centre in the crowd. Many would be in wheelchairs near the dugout.

In more recent times Monas and other players were regulars at the Arranboui cerebral palsy school near the spastic centre.

so really there is no excuse for manly players to use these derogatory terms.

Alex ma leads them on to the field regularly.

having said that I think an apology would suffice, and get Addin up working with those kids. Suspension is a joke.
I agree with everything you say and thanks for the context of the club's work in this are, but I think AFB's conduct warranted a suspension. I think the MRC got it right with grading too.

We have all played and/or followed sport for a long time - the number one rule is that you don't abuse the ref. Even if the ref makes a howler, you don't abuse him. Period. And that's what he has been rightly suspended for. If he said it to another player, that's different. But say it to the ref, well you need to be prepared for the consequences.

AFB had also been warned over the prior weeks to watch his mouth (including, I think, after Maxwell's more egregious error when Graham brought Sironen down against the sharks the week before). It's all within AFB's control - he lost control and there are consequences. Hopefully he will learn.

I know I am in the minority on this site, but I don't even feel the slightest 'injustice' about this. I can't see any conspiracy (and I am generally pretty good at seeing one where none exist!). AFB is an adult being paid a motza to play professional sport and I don't think he is being held to an unreasonable standard.

So, at the end of the day, one of our players stuffed up, has apologised, been suspended. We move on to this week's game.

It's Karma coming back to bite AFB in the arsse big time.
He publicly used the race card against Erin Molan for a joke she did on not being able pronounce some Islanders names.

This is a lot worse and AFB and the other Manly gangster idiot Fainu need the riot act to be given to them by Manly management. Keep your mouth's shut and play footy, otherwise it will not be for Manly.

It's Karma coming back to bite AFB in the arsse big time.
He publicly used the race card against Erin Molan for a joke she did on not being able pronounce some Islanders names.

This is a lot worse and AFB and the other Manly gangster idiot Fainu need the riot act to be given to them by Manly management. Keep your mouth's shut and play footy, otherwise it will not be for Manly.
No doubt Addin has done the wrong thing here, but how can you suggest that Erin Molan simply mispronounced an islander name? She made fun of their names.

Oh ffs im sick of this already. He said some dumb **** in the heat of the moment that he probably shouldn't have said, two weeks for mouthing off at a ref is way more harsh than anything else, but he who is without sin.....get off the moral high horse and just get on with life. I have much more pressing issues to deal with, like the people in my quiet street that turn left out of their drives to come and turn around at the bottom of the cul de sac and go back out the top past their house, or the ones that come and turn around in the bottom of the street to turn left into their driveway instead of just turning right these are real and serious issues we need to address

Ray Hadley is really pushing vlandys for Addin suspension to be changed to 8 weeks plus. He is now taking calls by offended people to push this. Ray Hadleys hidden agenda is that he hates anti vaxers and is a Parra supporter

to bad the charge and decision has already been accepted but you watch the Manly loading come in to play...

Hadley is such a moron and from the same station that gives us no end of misogynistic and derogatory comments regarding Gillard, Ardern and others. The irony is off the charts.

2 weeks is adequate. Let's cop it and move on.

All this uproar about AFB, no one seems to be mentioning what provoked the outburst

IIRC didn’t walker once get suspended for 1wk for inciting a fight on field

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4