Guus WTF??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Why did he only put on a second striker in the 78th minute and have just the 1 change in total?

Once italy were down to 10 men we gave up like we had it won.

Whether we were ripped off at the end doesnt matter as we didnt deserve to win.

We played boring footy with no attack. Our backs became complacent and our midfielders lazy - didnt want to get back in defence and didnt want to run hard in attack. A ****e last 40 which we deserved to lose as no one looked like scoring bar Chipperfield - the left back.

lol its not Rugby league mate. That is the worst soccer analysis I have read

I'm hearing that Harry Kewell didn't play because he had "blisters".

The most important game in his chosen code's history for his country - blisters????????

You're not wrong it's not rugby league mate.

You can not blame Australia – the Italians defended superbly. You can see why they have not lost in “normal” time of a world cup since 1986 (in the elimination stage)

For mind there were two key decisions in the game.

Matarazzi should not have been sent off – and it was not a penalty.

All that said it looked like a bit of stage fright once a player was sent off.

cant believe the ref made that call with 5 secs left in injury time, spanish pr!ck!!!!!

cant comment on the changes by Guus as I really have nfi.

however the boys did us proud, good to see the Aussie fans hang around to clap the team bus off from the ground.

I'm hearing that Harry Kewell didn't play because he had \"blisters\".

The most important game in his chosen code's history for his country - blisters????????

You're not wrong it's not rugby league mate.

Was gout Mata and believe me (I have had a bout) I don't blame him for not playing.

Dont see any better from you

i stand by it - 1 striker for 78 minutes. Seemed scared that if he attacked too much they might counter attack and win - guess what, they did it anyway. No reason not to give it our all and we didnt.

we hardly pushed italy's defence in quick attacks, just went at it slowly - should have had Kennedy on there at least for the crosses since that was our main attack

Yeah, BK would look great in a Socceroos jersey. He'd belt the **** out of all the nancy boys and show wilting violets like Kewell what real toughness and playing with injury means.

And his height would indeed be handy off the corners, not to mention the odd flailing elbow and glare at the Dagos. I reckon those Italian pretty boys would have been too scared to take the field if BK was out there.

and last years origin shows he has the diving part of the equation well and truly in his repertoire

[quote author=Daniel]

Dont see any better from you

i stand by it - 1 striker for 78 minutes. Seemed scared that if he attacked too much they might counter attack and win - guess what, they did it anyway. No reason not to give it our all and we didnt.

we hardly pushed italy's defence in quick attacks, just went at it slowly - should have had Kennedy on there at least for the crosses since that was our main attack
[/quote]

no you dont see any from me.

There are many reasons why you would play only 1 striker.

In a game against a team of solid defenders you dont want strikers you want midfielders and ball players. They are better at getting the ball in the right spot and are also generally good players. Many strikers are usually the lazier players who don't come back and help and or dont have the puff to do the work.

Guss obviously made the right choice as we were looking at a draw until an unlucky mistake cost us.

Having another striker on the field would have likely resulted in a loss.

Now do you need further explanation?

Also who has scored most of our goals in this tournamount?
Strikers?

no a midfielder known as Harry Kewell, a defender and a midfielder......now is there more value in having a striker on the field....

stick to league you can somewhat grasp its basic concepts

Guus used the best tactics he could with the cattle he had, it's as simple as that I think. It's a damn shame he isn't staying on.

Stevie whilst there was a very big hint of a dive in it. Neill should not have slid like that in the box, he should have jockeyed the man and blocked his shot especially with very little time left, going for the ball was not the right move especially how he went for it and against the Italians

I agree with that Dan, but I still wouldn't blame Lucas. It's not like he elbowed him in the face or something really stupid. It was simply a poor defensive decision under pressure.

yes it was that. I am not blaming him completely but he should have known. You never ever slide in the box unless there is no alternative

you can not give a team like Italy the op to dive - that is what Lucas did

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4