• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
For 65mins we look like a premiership winning side, aggressive in defence and controlled with the ball, hopes were high for a good 2010, and 15mins later we have lost and Stewart looks ****ed and I am feeling that we will be beaten next weekend at Parramatta, 0-2 to start the year and our most potent attacking weapon gone, not looking good

Loved the aggression in defence, absolute dominance, but unfortunately that led to the penalties which ultimately cost us, pretty tough though with the players falling quickly on every occassion

The pack was great. All the front rowers made good yards, especially Rose and Kite was looking great. I felt Des made a mistake not getting George back on with 10 to go, he is our lift. Watmough made good tackles, hard to get involved with so little ball in attack though. Liked Stewart's work, Bailey and Rodney weren't overly involved. King got caught out once defensively which they scored from

Halves, really good I thought, kicking game started terribly but they warmed into it and it was outstanding for the rest of the match. Foran just looked to run straight at the line with Lyon doing most of the work with the ball. Defensively they would be the best halves combo in the comp easily, even with Foran falling off a tackle that created a try

Centres, Matai ran the ball hard and defence was brilliant. Williams defence for the majoirty of the match was great, nice aggressive hits, but when they got the numbers right running at different angles around him he got caught a couple of times and that was all they need. Would like to see him lose that stutter step with the ball in hand and run Matai style

Back 3, extremely quiet. Robbo solid but couldn't make the crucial play, Farrar hardly involved and Brett very quiet tonight, not once did I see us run a play for him. Hoping that gutsy knock he took doesn't end his season but I am fearing the worst. Ultimately I think if he had caught that ball he dived for, we win the match

Definitely some positives in there, but the negatives of that last 15mins will over shadow the majority of those, especially if the Stewart news isn't great. Liked the style of play, but the discipline has to be fixed as that cost us the match in the end, is a fine line with the aggression

The last 15 mins has blinded me from the positives.

The defence in the middle was pretty good for the majority. T-Rex and Matai were found out for speed on occassions which cost us.

Gutted

Farah and Marshall mesmerised a few players out there in that second half, that was the difference. As you said, great for 60 odd minutes, but just some unlucky penalties for falling tackles got them momentum. I'm disappointed we didn't win, but I saw plenty in that game to make me feel better about our chances, compared to what we witnessed last season. Brett's injury is the key though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6