Gus puts his hand up for origin coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 link said:
Been there done that.

I suppose he couldn't do a worse job.
nah he is ok jerry he knows most players strenghts & weakness`s  i just hope they dont offer him just a year he needs to be there 3yrs atleast to fix up the ****  all the other selectors have  built up..

he is the type of bloke who picks a forward pack & sticks with them the whole series..

he is the best option we got.. i read someone mention sterlo.. yeah make sterlo his understudy for the next 3yrs.. then the gould formula will still be used while sterlo`s there.

I think Phil Gould would have watched enough to have his passion to change things raised above boiling point.
His ego cries out to be asked and to be given all authority of the kingdom. He's probably looking for a new challenge now; fed up with all the stupidity behind the scenes of fellow commentators and NRL officialdom. 
I think he's one of the smartest and most insightful men in the game, and he has loads of ability of communicating this wisdom to players.

When did this happen? Is there a source for validating this topic heading? Last I heard on the Sunday Roast a few weeks back was him vehemently refusing to take on the coaching job again.

Jethro link said:
When did this happen? Is there a source for validating this topic heading? Last I heard on the Sunday Roast a few weeks back was him vehemently refusing to take on the coaching job again.

It was mentioned on nine prior to the game.

I think he can be a real a goose myself but the other bloke isn't doing much.
A full time coach not distracted would obviously be better than a part timer coaching two clubs.

He can't help himself.  Stand by for the origin hijack - the man thinks he's bigger than the game.

Total self opinionated slime.  Has his favourites.  It's typical that he comes in as the messiah.  If they win anything in the next three years with him as Dear leader he'll claim it all.  Under that fat dope NSW still won't win anything for the next 5 years.

If he does coach origin it will prove how good he is or was he just lucky, in the past there hasn't been a talent gap between nsw and qld as big as now.

My personal view is that we won't compete with qld for another year or two.

DSM5 link said:
Total self opinionated slime.  Has his favourites.  It's typical that he comes in as the messiah.  If they win anything in the next three years with him as Dear leader he'll claim it all.  Under that fat dope NSW still won't win anything for the next 5 years.

I dont like him much these days. But he was great during the super league war.

If it wasnt for him Newcastle would of went to SL and the NRL would of folded due to a lack of numbers.

Gould said he would only take the gig after the independant commission was running. He hates Carr and the ARL and would never work with them. He drives me a bit crazy sometimes but the alternative is Ricky Stuart which would be the worst possible outcome. He understands how Qld have the right formula and we have a huge chance to turn it around with him at the helm.

It was reported yesterday in the Herald that he would be prepared to take on the job of "Director of Coaching" for SOO, not be the actual coach. I would put my money on Gould as Director and Cartwright as coach. This is the same arrangement that was at Easts when Ricky Stuart first started there in 2002. That's also why I think they will pump for Cartwright, because he was Stuarts assistant when Gould was the Director of Coaching.

CentralCoastEagle link said:
It was reported yesterday in the Herald that he would be prepared to take on the job of \"Director of Coaching\" for SOO, not be the actual coach. I would put my money on Gould as Director and Cartwright as coach. This is the same arrangement that was at Easts when Ricky Stuart first started there in 2002. That's also why I think they will pump for Cartwright, because he was Stuarts assistant when Gould was the Director of Coaching.

Would that mean another great Origin comeback in Ron "the cougar" Palmer as waterboy?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4