Gus Gould v Todd Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
This is one thing I actually find funny about all of these penalties and sin-bins so far this year. For the past few years almost everyone has been screaming for the referees to actually do their jobs and penalise players for things like wrestle, not playing the ball correctly, offside, forward passes etc etc as well as actually using the sin-bin for what its there for. Yet now that they are actually doing just that, everyone is screaming that the refs are killing the games because of it.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Who'd be a referee?

I think it is good that they decided to crack down .... but it is the brain fart way they go about things .... 3 penalties for off-side penalties on your own try line ... a warning ... all good ...... but then a sin bin 10 mins later 60m up the park in an unrelated incident raises stupidity to a level only a GreenTurd run administration could achieve ........

and you just know that that was last weeks knee-jerk ..... no 14 sin bins this week .... this week the focus will be on some other area ...

mean while the ref's seem to have no issue with the number of head-locks Melb seem to accidently put the tackled player in .....

yokahontas

Bencher
I can honestly say I’ve never before in my life heard Jo-E Johns say anything I’d describe as remotely profound. Until Sunday’s game on 9 - after one of the stupid ‘discretionary’ penalties that nobody could figure out, he said something along the lines of “I don’t know what this is anymore. This isn’t the game I learned my trade in, the game I grew up playing”. Nailed it.

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I think it is good that they decided to crack down .... but it is the brain fart way they go about things .... 3 penalties for off-side penalties on your own try line ... a warning ... all good ...... but then a sin bin 10 mins later 60m up the park in an unrelated incident raises stupidity to a level only a GreenTurd run administration could achieve ........

and you just know that that was last weeks knee-jerk ..... no 14 sin bins this week .... this week the focus will be on some other area ...

mean while the ref's seem to have no issue with the number of head-locks Melb seem to accidently put the tackled player in .....

No argument with you there mate.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is one thing I actually find funny about all of these penalties and sin-bins so far this year. For the past few years almost everyone has been screaming for the referees to actually do their jobs and penalise players for things like wrestle, not playing the ball correctly, offside, forward passes etc etc as well as actually using the sin-bin for what its there for. Yet now that they are actually doing just that, everyone is screaming that the refs are killing the games because of it.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Who'd be a referee?

I'm happy for the refs to penalise teams for indiscretions. As long as they do it fairly, and with consistency.
Not the,usual bullsht 7-2 penalty count at half time ends up being a 9-all count at full time.

Ref in the Dogs V Sharks game gave the Dogs the "final warning" and the Dogs didn't concede a penalty at all until the next half.
Did the Dogs suddenly get perfect, or did the ref stop looking for penalties ?

Seriously, they could find a penalty every single tackle if they really wanted to, sometimes they choose to, other times they don't.....why ?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
They make a big show about listening to fans, but if they ran a survey asking whether fans preferred the current refereeing system or go back to one ref, two linesman who actually did something, and no bunker, and I can guarantee which way the vote would go. Sure there will be errors, but let's reinstate the idea of refs actually being accountable - all refs are given a ranking out of 10 each week by the refs boss, which is published, and any ref with a low ranking is actually dropped to NSW cup.

..... and if they are going to conduct a survey .... do two of them ..... one for football club members only ... and another for all comers in the woman's weekly ......

I bet you London to a brick the results would have a significant difference ..... that is the problem, they are continuing to try and increase the audience .... but don't realise for every new fan they attract, they lose 2 tragics .... the new fans they have brought in are as fickle as the leadership ....

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
..... and if they are going to conduct a survey .... do two of them ..... one for football club members only ... and another for all comers in the woman's weekly ......

I bet you London to a brick the results would have a significant difference ..... that is the problem, they are continuing to try and increase the audience .... but don't realise for every new fan they attract, they lose 2 tragics .... the new fans they have brought in are as fickle as the leadership ....

Another great point Woodsie.

Making rules appealing to the soccer moms is all well and good, until you go so far that your die-hards abandon you in the process.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think most agree that the basic rules of the game that have been twisted and turned in recent years need to be clamped down on.

My issue, as with most things this administration, is the way they go about it. It’s one thing for them to state the bleeding obvious and say we need to fix it, it’s another thing entirely to come up with the right way to achieve it.

1 Why do we get teams in every game getting 5 , 6, 7 penalties in a row then as sure as night follows day the other team gets the same run of penalties. The indisciplined team becomes perfect and the perfect team becomes a rabble in 10 minutes. It is absolute garbage.

2 Why do the run of penalties come almost always in the red zone? The rest of the field it seems is inhabited by perfect footballers plying their craft honestly and fairly. And they are so f... img stupid they don’t realise that the hardest place to attack is close to the line and teams couldn’t give a toss about conceding. It took them 8 rounds to work this out and use the bin and now it’s a goddamn mess with no one knowing how many / where on field will result in a sin bin.
If they had just binned players after two or 3 deliberate penalties in Round 1 wherever they were on the field this rubbish wouldn’t be happening. And keep doing it! Not just look to find a way to square it up later. Teams are just taking the odds to it at the moment that if we lose one to the bin it will happen to the other mob when they get their run so the clowns can say they are evenhanded. How many penalty square ups do we see? Do they think we are all imbeciles.

3 When did the knock on rule change to include knock backs. Do they have their eyes painted on? They adjudicate ( badly ) on forward passes but if you drop the ball in any direction play stops.It is so entrenched now that the commentators just say that it’s a knock on regardless. In essence we have created a new beast “ the Rugby League knock on “ which is a 360 degree animal designed to slow down a game already stopping every 2 minutes for something else. It is an absolute joke.Any attempt to fix this ? NO

4 And now ,even while they issue 30 penalties , they STILL manage to coach the players and respectfully address them by their nick names.Any change here NO

5 Attacking players walk two metres forward trampling the marker and what happens ? Go back and play it ffs. The defenders hand gets anywhere near the ball and they whistle so f..ing hard you can’t hear yourself think. Half the play the balls are like this !So of course the attacking team walks off the mark all the time because THERE IS NO CONSEQUENCE!! Easy fix , penalise the attacking side. But NO we can’t becausr some moron thought it was a good idea a few years back.

These are just a few .The list is endless. A simple , tough , uncompromising game has become a farce.

So they pretend to clean up the game by concentrating on where blokes feet are in red zone defence and virtually nothing else other than foot touching ball, make the game like Union with each passing moment as fatigue ceases to become an issue due to the penaltyathon and generally confuse everyone with this ridiculous obstruction rubbish and expect to receive a medal for their new found zeal in enforcing the rules.

Our game is enforced by morons , run by fools and commentated on in most part by lowest common denominator idiots.

It’s a shambles and their ham fisted crackdown ain’t fooling anyone.
If I could've given you multiple winners clicks I would've.

Clay

Bencher
I see many problems with the NRL and none of them being fixed anytime soon. Aslong as we #talkthegameup everything will be alright according to Toddy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14