Guess the crowd figures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just looking at the BOM forecast, They are saying between now and Saturday we could have up to 150MM or rain over the Northern Beaches, if that occurs I doubt highly that the match will go ahead as Brooky will be a lake, be interesting to see what pans out as this will affect all the games in Sydney over the weekend.

I agree, especially around the northern end I can’t see drainage being that good.

If it does get canned, both teams have a bye in Round 13 so they would have to play it then.

What is the ground capacity now without northern end hill area ??
The DT article said the capacity was less than 6000 with the northern hill out. Not sure if this could be right. Quoted capacity is over 20 000. The north end would have been less than 20% of the total so capacity should still be over 16 000. Covid restrictions are now 100% of seated areas and 2sqm on hill so should mean over 10 000. Would be good if club could confirm.

I would have thought all reserved seating would be 6k or pretty close, so 6k for total capacity seems low.

I have been at games wth 6k in the past, and for those virtually no one has been on northern hill, with plenty of empty seats and plenty of space of the hill. One per 2sqm on the hill means a box of approx 1.4m x 1.4m per person, so can still fit quite a few.

Just looking at the BOM forecast, They are saying between now and Saturday we could have up to 150MM or rain over the Northern Beaches, if that occurs I doubt highly that the match will go ahead as Brooky will be a lake, be interesting to see what pans out as this will affect all the games in Sydney over the weekend.

Ditto up here for Saturday / Sunday

I would have thought all reserved seating would be 6k or pretty close, so 6k for total capacity seems low.

I have been at games wth 6k in the past, and for those virtually no one has been on northern hill, with plenty of empty seats and plenty of space of the hill. One per 2sqm on the hill means a box of approx 1.4m x 1.4m per person, so can still fit quite a few.
The DT article said the capacity was less than 6000 with the northern hill out. Not sure if this could be right. Quoted capacity is over 20 000. The north end would have been less than 20% of the total so capacity should still be over 16 000. Covid restrictions are now 100% of seated areas and 2sqm on hill so should mean over 10 000. Would be good if club could confirm.

Probably fudging numbers to prove a case for extortionate pricing.

There is just of 4,000 reserved seats. This doesn’t include the benches.

So basically that means only 2,000 people are permitted to use benches and the eastern hill.

This is where the membership committee has severely dropped the ball. Season holders that would rarely miss a game. Will spend a season choosing the option of watching from home. Next year when the club has cap in hand expecting theses diehards to come back.

But will they?

Very good question , some will , many won’t. I’m still of the belief that it was a very poorly thought about plan.

I get there’s less seating.

To me it would have been easy.

20 year plus members first pick

15 plus years next

10 plus years next

5 plus years next

If reserved seats were exhausted at any stage bad luck for the rest.

If any left over sell then for whatever.

Simples.

Very good question , some will , many won’t. I’m still of the belief that it was a very poorly thought about plan.

I get there’s less seating.

To me it would have been easy.

20 year plus members first pick

15 plus years next

10 plus years next

5 plus years next

If reserved seats were exhausted at any stage bad luck for the rest.

If any left over sell then for whatever.

Simples.

The funny thing is, there is about the same amount of season ticket holders for brookie as there is capacity for this weekends game - 6,000

With the weather probably 3000 at best.
If we don't put up any sort of fight the rest of the seasons home attendance figures are going to be very low.

Man how I miss the days when teams were scared to come to play us at brookavle oval, now its becoming one of thr most easiest road trips for teams.

Again, I would have been there tonight. But couldn't afford to be.

Would have hoped members like me made the difference in the past. Or had a chance to help.

Thanks for taking that away from so many of us Manly. Our club, the one we've spent thousands on. And so on... Whatever. I've never felt more irrelevant or more disillusioned with this club

to put it into perspective Pen v Dogs at Bankwest only got 5,062 and only 4,551 turned up to the see the Knights v Warriors at central Coast last night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6