Guess the crowd - Eels v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can tell you from personal experience that last night in Adelaide was very cold and very wet. Lots of wind, lots of rain and it was only about 13 degrees so it was bloody cold.

Adelaide's weather is a bit of the extremes. In summer we get hot northerly winds straight off the dessert. In winter we get cold (I say freezing cold lol) southerlies straight off the Southern Ocean that usually brings rain with it.

Exactly, if Collingwood and Richmond got just 8,000 fans to an MCG Thursday night game it would be considered catastrophic for the AFL. F*$k Parramatta and Souths! Their fans are no more passionate and dedicated than ours, but the media will never acknowledge this fact.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of suburban grounds... Just pointing out that of all the suburban ground games this year, Manly owns the 3 lowest crowd attendances.

But what about the powerhouses of Parramatta and Souths? They are not MUCH better than us. Pet memberships maybe?

Exactly, if Collingwood and Richmond got just 8,000 fans to an MCG Thursday night game it would be considered catastrophic for the AFL. F*$k Parramatta and Souths! Their fans are no more passionate and dedicated than ours, but the media will never acknowledge this fact.

Exactly. Manly get a less than 10,000 crowd and we get $hit canned. Doesn't-matta and Souffs with allegedly two of the biggest fan bases in Sydney get 8,000 or so to the biggest and most modern venue in the city.....and the silence is deafening.

Only the ones with Tazers... the snipers are still off the books ;)

Hey big fella .... guess what .... in a game with about 5 min to play and the result decided in our favour ..... a scrum was forming on my wing .. our princess prop grabbed me on the arm and told me to pack in as he had something in his eye .... I was immediately gropped by all our forwards (the opportunity to put their arms around a good sort that actually wore deodorant was a change to good to let pass) ..... there followed some pushing and grunting and we all fell down ....

.... so .... my point is that now, having played there ..... according to the definitions of GreenTurd ... I can officially declare myself a prop ... and a member of the front row fraternity .... cheers brother ...

At the game’s magnificent centrepiece stadium, a wonderful advertisement for the big stadiums policy, 2 of the most popular clubs in the comp are facing off tonight.

Who wants to guess the crowd? The person with the closest guess wins everlasting respect on Silverails.

My guess is 752 (assuming coaching staff are included). It makes a Roosters game look like the super bowl (how appropriate given SBW played like he was in the super bowl in 2013).

Souffs and eels...... so my guess 10,000 people and only about 30,000 teeth.

Hey big fella .... guess what .... in a game with about 5 min to play and the result decided in our favour ..... a scrum was forming on my wing .. our princess prop grabbed me on the arm and told me to pack in as he had something in his eye .... I was immediately gropped by all our forwards (the opportunity to put their arms around a good sort that actually wore deodorant was a change to good to let pass) ..... there followed some pushing and grunting and we all fell down ....

.... so .... my point is that now, having played there ..... according to the definitions of GreenTurd ... I can officially declare myself a prop ... and a member of the front row fraternity .... cheers brother ...

You’re not a prop until you suddenly find yourself in a gap and realize you don’t know what to do next @:D@;)

Considering the numbers Toddy released today I'd say an official figure of ~80,000

Exactly. Manly get a less than 10,000 crowd and we get $hit canned. Doesn't-matta and Souffs with allegedly two of the biggest fan bases in Sydney get 8,000 or so to the biggest and most modern venue in the city.....and the silence is deafening.

Especially when you factor in that at ANZ you can get a family ticket for $20 - yes, $20 for 1 adult and 3 kids - and I think most times it's free transport too - and they have their cheap dogs eye and drink deals.

Manly has 3 games this year with lower home crowd attendances than 8,047 people.

We actually hold the lowest 3 home crowd attendances of 2018 of any club. 1 at Gladstone (which can be excused) but the other 2 at Brookie (which can't be excused).

While dissapointing, it’s probably because we give an accurate crowd figure.

So many matches at Gold Coast and Allianz are inflated crowd figures.

Having 8,000 at ANZ between the 2 powerhouse fan bases on a dry night in Sydney is very low.

Our 6,000 for the cowboys game was much better than 8,000 for that game.

Those crowd numbers will look good in their new 30,000 seat stadium.

Maybe they'll paint the empty seats to look like people are sitting there.

Another pathetic Roosters crowd. They would've sold this game out at Penrith.

I think the official figure was a head count, no way was there 5000 people there.

• 🏆
Reactions: Ned
Watching 2 top 8 teams with legitimate title claims. Then looking at far more empty seats than occupied. You gotta be fukcken kidding me with this stadium policy! You could throw a meat pie and only have a 1 in 5 chance of hitting anyone.

I can tell you from personal experience that last night in Adelaide was very cold and very wet. Lots of wind, lots of rain and it was only about 13 degrees so it was bloody cold.

Adelaide's weather is a bit of the extremes. In summer we get hot northerly winds straight off the dessert. In winter we get cold (I say freezing cold lol) southerlies straight off the Southern Ocean that usually brings rain with it.
HV8 with that glowing wrap of south Aussie's weather you've set their tourism back about 30 years.
The good thing is they wouldn't notice the difference.

Guess the crowd at Belmore....I’d be surprised if there’s any more than 4000 there.....which means they’ll post a crowd of 6500 @:rolleyes:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8