Greatest premiers of the 21st century - vote now nrl.com

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
images

Love them, bloodied and spent in triumph :inlove:
When I read about all those inspirational teams and players that have done our club proud I cant help but to get emotional and inspired

Talk about tough cultures . They dont come any tougher than Frank Stantons. The feat that this team had endured to take the title against great odds is Astonishing !!!

Frank never knew the mediocre meaning of "EXCUSES" . He took this useless , unproductive , negative mindset "E" word out of the players vocabulary and inspired them to always find a way to win and that is what they did . Win all the way to the title .

Those were the days and this is our benchmark . This is what wins comps .

Anything else is just anything less that stains our great Manly winning tradition that our greats have built
2157d405560f587.jpg

Spot on. My favourite quote from those days was one of the players saying that no matter how tired they were, they always forced themselves to jog off at half time, just to send a message to the opposition that they were never beaten. That attitude is light years away from the current generation, best exemplified by our coach, who look for reasons why they can't win at every turn.
I agree . Adversity shows a persons true character and Adversity brought Trent down to his knees .

When I read about all those inspirational teams and players that have done our club proud I cant help but to get emotional and inspired

Talk about tough cultures . They dont come any tougher than Frank Stantons. The feat that this team had endured to take the title against great odds is Astonishing !!!

Frank never knew the mediocre meaning of "EXCUSES" . He took this useless , unproductive , negative mindset "E" word out of the players vocabulary and inspired them to always find a way to win and that is what they did . Win all the way to the title .

Those were the days and this is our benchmark . This is what wins comps .

Anything else is just anything less that stains our great Manly winning tradition that our greats have built
View attachment 9618
What I'd give to have biscuits back...

That Manly 78 side just had so much mental toughness as well as general toughness . Lost the i st semi to the Sharks , came back from the death to draw the next week against a top Eels side . came back from the brink to beat them the following Wednesday afternoon . finished on top over a hard edged Wests team the following Saturday. Drew with the Sharks in the following Saturday's G F , then backed up to thrash them on the following Tuesday [ ? } Manly players had to literally get themselves off the dressing room floor just to get back on the field in some matches . What a great effort and side under the good coaching of ' Cranky Frankie ' Stanton . . 2008 was a fantastic result but would have to place the 78 heroics up there equally .

We can get him out of his nursing home and wheel him in at Narrabeen . What do you think Harvey ?
I don’t understand how he went from being out ceo in 1996 to being part of the cowboys and storm boards in later years.

Anyone know how we lost one of our greats?

Little known fact: he was taken to hospital after the 97 gf loss with a suspected stress induced heart attack.

I don’t understand how he went from being out ceo in 1996 to being part of the cowboys and storm boards in later years.

Anyone know how we lost one of our greats?

Little known fact: he was taken to hospital after the 97 gf loss with a suspected stress induced heart attack.
Biscuits was born 7th of February 1940 which makes him roughly about the same age as Wayne Bennette
So he is still young enough to coach :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6