Greatest One Day XI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They've named Australia's greatest ever one day side

Australia's Greatest XI (in batting order)

Adam Gilchrist
Mark Waugh
Ricky Ponting (vice-captain)
Dean Jones
Steve Waugh (captain)
Michael Bevan
Andrew Symonds
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath
Greg Chappell (12th man)

The only ones I'm a bit suss on are Lee and Chappell. No AB is a little surprise, but you can't deny any of the batsmen named deserve their spot. Hussey would be knocking on the door once he gets a few more games under his belt, probably in place of Bevan.

Love to have this side heading off to the West Indies next week :p

its a farken good looking side

There is no one that can match lee's record barring those already included in the team

Mark Waugh always disappoints me- yes he was possibly the greatest one day batsmen and no doubt when on fire he was awesome but got out so many time playing dumb shots- it was always him getting himself out rather than a good ball...just used to piss me off- he could've done alot more than he did....but just the same he deserves to be there.

Mark Waugh out - AB in.

It is absolute bull**** that AB is not in there... Dean jones aside there was no better in our team in that era and he is and will always be the original ICEMAN... steve waugh is regarded as the ICEMAN but AB pulled us out of more **** than anyone. He was a champion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4