Greatest ever juniors?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1670277658944.png

1978 - what a year.......................

Phil Blake was an enigma.
Potentially the best and most exciting footballer in my time involved with footy - since the 80's.
Seemed to fizzle away after we lost 2 GFs in a row vs Eels.
As a kid he was my favourite with his footwork, speed, anticipation and that crazy chip n chase.....absolutely lit up the field and as a confidence player, I reckon we win those Eels GFs he kicks on and known as a potential immortal.

In the old "bash & barge" days with only a one yard ruck, he was up there with the best, including the great St George team of 11 premierships.

I watched him single handedly win a game on a mud paddock at the SCG, taking every 2nd hit up (no tackle counts), for a gain of 3 - 4 yards, starting from his own try line to the other end, scoring the winning points.

The only way you knew it was Roy was the bald head as the mud wouldn't stick to it.

Inspirational!

Pics from the night

A great promotion and good to see those old juniors attend. Even Cranky Franky!
I'm sure this particular event had been planned for some time but I also get the idea under Mestrov we might be making a bigger priority of acknowledging the club's local identity and history.

A great promotion and good to see those old juniors attend. Even Cranky Franky!
I'm sure this particular event had been planned for some time but I also get the idea under Mestrov we might be making a bigger priority of acknowledging the club's local identity and history.
What about Toovey being there? Was Penn informed beforehand?;) Imagine if Hasler was a Manly junior, you couldn’t ignore his record.

That could create an awkward setup with Mestrov.;)

What about Toovey being there? Was Penn informed beforehand?;) Imagine if Hasler was a Manly junior, you couldn’t ignore his record.

That could create an awkward setup with Mestrov.;)
I guess this was a MWDRLFC thing so not directly put on by Sea Eagles.

Great to see Bill Delamere get picked as a reserve. A great forward but a pity they spelled his name wrong on the team banner that I saw..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4