Great year..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c_eagle

Reserve Grader
Well, it ended poorly and was capped off by this afternoon but it's probably been the most enjoyable season as a Manly fan thus far. Yeh, 1996 was great, but I was too young to really enjoy it and basically took it for granted. After all the crap that we've been through, it's great to see the Maroon and White playing in September and filling Brookvale once again.

High points:

Round 3 vs Melbourne
Round 10 vs Bulldogs
Round 12 vs Penrith
Round 13 vs Roosters
Round 22 vs Brisbane

Seeing young guys like Watmough and Stewart shine and the rejuvination of Menzies and Kennedy has been great, far greater than my expectations of 05.

Thanks to the team for providing us with a glimpse of the top, even if it was only for the slightest of moments, aswell as giving us a taste of finals footy. I can't wait to see the improvement in next year's side, with the inclusion of :yeah: and Bell.

I know there are alot of negatives and they've all been made clear, several times, but this thread is for all of us who have enjoyed the season. I'm sure that includes most people here.

Once last trivial but interesting point, in 2001, 1. Parramatta def. 8. New Zealand 52-12.

In '02, the Warriors were grand finalists and minor premiers.

Agree C. I did not like losing, especially how we did today but we will only get better.

No point moaning about Monas shortcomings as half or capatin now as he wont be either next season.

Yeh i agree, most people didnt expect us to get anywhere near the 8 but we made it. Best year i have had as a supporter, as i was also too young to appreciate 1996 or 97'. People say the players didnt care and where only playing for money but look at some of the games you mentioned, especially against the panthers, it certainly didnt look like they didnt care. Never the less we will come very close to winning to comp next year. So bring it on!

I agree with what C has said in that we have improved but there is a heck of a long way to go before we start dreaming of premierships.

Today it was men against boys and we didn't look like it from minute 1.

Yeh i spose, but it was certainly one of our worse performances and im sure with the inlcusion of Orford and Bell we cant be title contenders instead of pretenders next season

6 months is a LONG time. A couple of better players and a better attitude can turn a 12th place Parra into the team that whipped our asses today. I think we'll be a better looking team on paper than they are now, it's all to do with attitude.

With all that said, I've really enjoyed this year.

You have a point but, a couple of better players? They let go of a lot of players to buy 5 class players in Stringer, Tahu, Morrison, Marsh and Riddell, we may have to follow a similar path.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4