Great Night at The Footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, extremely dissapointing result, and way to end BK's career etc etc, but I thought it was a pretty fun night all round.

Apologies to the lads about getting the gear off again. 8| Just tragic I know.

I was there to watch all three grades (Manly lost all of theirs).

There was some great calls by Mata to the St George fans during Jersey Flegg. They all whinged about a decision, and Mata screamed "shut up ya sooks", and they all hushed right up - GOLD.

We would have to have the worst winger of all time in Jersey Flegg. Mata and I were in histerics with where the guy was standing in attack. We nicknamed him Beanbag.

Groome is a gun. He had his jaw broken, couldn't take part in the match, but the player who smashed him without the ball, was able to continue (but on report !!!). Trent Rose had a penalty shot 10 metres out, directly in front to win the game. I won't say or try to explain how someone could miss that goal !!! Tragic.

I had about 6 beers and 4 burbons by then.

Premier League played. Dragons and Raiders...and again Dragons won. I didn't really take notice of the game, as I was in an argument with Byso. He suggested Monaghan was one of the top 5 Hookers in the game. Mata went on a prolonged walk during this episode. Hahahahaa...

Then 1st grade hit. I'd have to say potentially that could have been the best atmosphere I would have ever witnessed by Manly fans. I mean, a Manly fan I had never met sat next to me (used to be photographer for Eagles before they did some cost cutting), and he was shouting me beers - and vice versa of coarse!!! The atmosphere lasted all of 10 minutes.

We were thumped in the highest degree.

That was cool though. I went through my usual roller coaster ride of emotions. I actually consolled Mata and Canteen (we DO have Bell / Lyon in the centres next year boys - it'll be cool), but a minute later was almost in tears !!! Hahahaha...Oh how I love beer.

The game finished, and I'd have to say The Dragons fans were pretty good sports. This one guy was shouting, "Go Back to the Peninsula", so I ended up saying to the guy, "mate, your having a go at us for HAVING to go back to the Northern Beaches, but you have to go back to Wollongong / Albion Park etc !!!". He stopped, thought about it a moment...and yelled.."Go back to the peninsula" !!!! Hahahahahaha...

I then went on to take my clothes off. Tragic !! I was there with Mata and Canteen and daughter of Canteen...who I have to apologise to in arrears. Sorry peoples !!! Beer got the better of me.

I went on to wind down Mata's window in his SS Commo, and absolutely give it to this guy in a car next to us. He listened to this semi naked little bloke give him a gobfull for about 2 straight minutes, and said to me, "Mate, I'm wearing maroon". Man did I feel like a tool !!!

But anyways...that's the gist of the night....Excellent regardless of the result, and again...for the fashion display..apologies !!!! 8| 8| 8|

I then went on to take my clothes off. Tragic !! I was there with Mata and Canteen and daughter of Canteen...who I have to apologise to in arrears. Sorry peoples !!! Beer got the better of me.

No worries Ryan I am sure it was no BIG deal

Glad you had a good night mate, we will get em next year :D

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like a good night. At least you got pissed, a loss does not hurt as much then.

It does the morning after big fella...Hehehehe...man...I'm paying for it now !!! You know the morning after, you awake thinking...man, did I do that !!!

No idea what you mean Ryan :blush:

I was crook and only had 1 beer all night, this morning I feel like I had a big night though.

I hate when i wake up in my own bed and think "where the hell am i??"

Kudos to ryan for getting the tackle out

Manly club was buzzing before the event. Said hello to Corso Pete and delightful wife Jan and got into the throng of the champagne swilling set gearing up for the big game. Then spent 10 minutes with Burnsie's folks down from Cairns Queensland. Really nice family and his sister Chantelle would be high on an any single's radar.

Caught the supporter's bus from the club. Great crowd, especially the youngsters who sang most of the way. I can't get "shoosh shoosh shoosh, we will, we will, ROCK you" outa my head still. Bus left 20 mins late, hit traffic and parked about a day's trek from the ground which got me there with a small amount of drinking time.

The maroon and white supporter base was very impressive. Don't know the crowd break down but we were there in huge numbers. When the team came out for a warm up some 20 mins before the game the roar of the Manly mob was enormous.

Put this down as a first. Ryan claimed he couldn't walk, made me queue up 20 mins to get his beers but did shout me 2 of them, mumbling something about all my bank fees going to the cost of them. :) Onya Rhino!!!!

Mata was reasonably subdued after the early games, I sensed he knew that the inevitable was to come. Wheel was absolutely fired up, giving it to the Saints supporters. I came out roaring early and we got a lot of chants going but the voice started to give and then there wasn't much to cheer about.

The bus ride home was more entertaining than going over. There were a few Poms on board and we had heaps of songs. Some that stick this morning are:

"No one likes us, no one LIKES us, and we don't care."

To 'She'll be coming 'round the Mountain':
I'd rather be a loser than a westie,
Rather be a loser, rather be a loser,
Rather be a loser than a westie......

To the tune of 'Yellow submarine' (obviously written for Ryan):
We all want a team of Monaghans, team of Monaghans, team of Monaghans
No 1 is Monaghan, and no 2 is Monaghan, no 3 is Monaghan and no 4 is Monaghan,
...then you sorta just keep counting up the numbers.

Plenty more but they are lost in the haze but you get the drift. Lots of deep thought managed in a moment of adversity :)
Hard to believe it is all over.

Manly club was buzzing before the event. Said hello to Corso Pete and delightful wife Jan and got into the throng of the champagne swilling set gearing up for the big game. Then spent 10 minutes with Burnsie's folks down from Cairns Queensland. Really nice family and his sister Chantelle would be high on an any single's radar.

Caught the supporter's bus from the club. Great crowd, especially the youngsters who sang most of the way. I can't get \"shoosh shoosh shoosh, we will, we will, ROCK you\" outa my head still. Bus left 20 mins late, hit traffic and parked about a day's trek from the ground which got me there with a small amount of drinking time.

The maroon and white supporter base was very impressive. Don't know the crowd break down but we were there in huge numbers. When the team came out for a warm up some 20 mins before the game the roar of the Manly mob was enormous.

Put this down as a first. Ryan claimed he couldn't walk, made me queue up 20 mins to get his beers but did shout me 2 of them, mumbling something about all my bank fees going to the cost of them. :) Onya Rhino!!!!

Mata was reasonably subdued after the early games, I sensed he knew that the inevitable was to come. Wheel was absolutely fired up, giving it to the Saints supporters. I came out roaring early and we got a lot of chants going but the voice started to give and then there wasn't much to cheer about.

The bus ride home was more entertaining than going over. There were a few Poms on board and we had heaps of songs. Some that stick this morning are:

\"No one likes us, no one LIKES us, and we don't care.\"

To 'She'll be coming 'round the Mountain':
Rather be a loser, rather be a loser,
Rather be a loser than a westie......

To the tune of 'Yellow submarine' (obviously written for Ryan):
No 1 is Monaghan, and no 2 is Monaghan, no 3 is Monaghan and no 4 is Monaghan,
...then you sorta just keep counting up the numbers.

Plenty more but they are lost in the haze but you get the drift. Lots of deep thought managed in a moment of adversity :)
Hard to believe it is all over.

You had me feeling like i had missed something there MB..................that was until i read the singing part :lol:

Good write up. Good to hear people still enjoyed the whole experience rather than just the disappointment of the result. And to think we will do it all again next year.........we must be masochists :p

Was a fairly good day. It meant I got of school 2 hours early, even if that meant I watched 3 games of football, none of them going our way.

I got there about 20 minutes into Jersey Flegg with the Dragons up either 12-0 or 10-0, I forget. Groom is a genius and put an absolute pearler of a hit on in defence. His work in the third try was brilliant stuff. Trembath and Key look like our other best prospects from the Flegg. The fullback played well as well, constantly putting his body on the line.

The PL match was fairly boring. All it involved was the Dragons moving the ball out to the right and scoring. And to think that Canberra side beat us by 30. Every 2nd pass of theirs seemed to go to ground. I spent quite a bit of the match reading a Stephen King book ;)

Finally, first grade rolls around and the cheer from the Manly supporters (I was in Bay 37) when the team came out was huge. BK gave us a little clap and everything. Pity the team couldn't match our enthusiasm and saved their biggest flogging of the year for the last match. Kite, Menzies and Matai were all great. King ran hard and played quite well, which was good to see.

One of the highlights of the night was when the players were warming up on the field. A couple of rows ahead, a Manly fan who had a little too much to drink was getting fairly pissed off at the two St. George blokes behind me and was threatening to climb over the chair and start something. People from all around came to stop it, and five minutes later they had all kissed and made up.

Like most here we enjoyed the night, if not the result. It was a pleasure to meet Manly Backer at the club prior to the departure of the supporters buses and like MB we had the pleasure to be introduced to Travis Burns' family.

It was also a pleasure to meet Matabele at half time. Whilst I have vehmently disagreed with his opinion on many occasions those differences have never been personal. Those differing views are respected.

As for the game, we were simply outclassed by a superior and more skillful team on the night. Strangley I was not as devastated with this loss as I was by the defeat by Newcastle the previous week. We were not allowed to play well and on the form that St George have shown in the past 2 weeks they will be very hard to beat for the Telstra Trophy. I can accept and live with the fact that we were beaten by a better team.

The bus trip back to Manly whilst sombre also reflected on the fact that we belong to a club that in the space of only 3 years have gone from near oblivion to a geniune force in the NRL.

I am very proud to be a Manly supporter, we have a great club, a very good team and most of all great supporters that are committed to supporting this club. We may have lost last night, but the feeling of pride when our team ran onto the field last night was something that I was glad I could share with a group of committed and passionate Manly supporters.

It was a good night. Except for the teams piss poor effort, I especially enjoyed listening to Ryan contradict himself in a discussion about Monas ;)

Also good catching up with Mata, Duff etc.

I was at a big athletics carnival today and carried my Sea Eagles backpack. Many kids I know gave me a hard time but I was amazed at the number of Manly supporters who also said something and were upbeat about the future despite the loss. I met a few kids who live in the Eastern suburbs who are so passionate about Manly it was great.

Like most here we enjoyed the night, if not the result. It was a pleasure to meet Manly Backer at the club prior to the departure of the supporters buses and like MB we had the pleasure to be introduced to Travis Burns' family.

It was also a pleasure to meet Matabele at half time. Whilst I have vehmently disagreed with his opinion on many occasions those differences have never been personal. Those differing views are respected.

As for the game, we were simply outclassed by a superior and more skillful team on the night. Strangley I was not as devastated with this loss as I was by the defeat by Newcastle the previous week. We were not allowed to play well and on the form that St George have shown in the past 2 weeks they will be very hard to beat for the Telstra Trophy. I can accept and live with the fact that we were beaten by a better team.

The bus trip back to Manly whilst sombre also reflected on the fact that we belong to a club that in the space of only 3 years have gone from near oblivion to a geniune force in the NRL.

I am very proud to be a Manly supporter, we have a great club, a very good team and most of all great supporters that are committed to supporting this club. We may have lost last night, but the feeling of pride when our team ran onto the field last night was something that I was glad I could share with a group of committed and passionate Manly supporters.

I'm sorry I missed you. I was only 3 seats from Mata (or maybe I DID meet you, but just forget) - that's it....off the beers for me...for GOOD !!! :drunk:

Glad to hear you guys had a good night , regardless of the result. I didn't take the result too well. We stayed in the Members Bar for a few hours after the game & discussed the game/season. Our consensus was that Manly may have overachieved this season considering their playing roster. I was listening to 2GB today & Bob Fulton agreed .

Sudden death football losses are hard to take. I went to 17 Manly games this season & the reality that the season is over is somewhat depressing. Nevertheless this season provided some memorable moments.

* Both victories over the cheatin' Dogs.
* the last minute victory over the Tigers @ Brooky.
* the comeback win over Penrith @ Brooky.
* the victory over the Knights @ Newcastle. ( Rd # 23 )
* 23-22 victory over Parra @ the SCG

Looking forward to season 2007...........................................

Those in the cheap seats also had a good time.

Highlights -

* Kiz falling asleep at the Lawenbrau
* Kiz with his mits up against a bouncer after being denied entry to Jacksons.
* Willstyles trying to advise Kiz to back down.
* Kiz and Willstyles going an inch of being KO'ed by a pole.
* Meeting Jason Kings future self at the Lawenbrau (pics to come).

The first ten minutes of the game was excellent, rather unfortunate that the atmosphere died in the arse before another ten was up.

Sounds like a good time was had by all, those chants are gold!

My throat is still bleeding from trying to start all the "MANLY" chants in the ill-fated second half.

Ya pussies wouldn't join in!

Hey, my voice went hoarse too. Lucky we didn't have much to cheer about in the 2nd half or I may have lost it all together :p

Looking forward to checking out the pics.. sounds like a bit night for grug... mate i got friends who are the same!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8