Great News, Robbo signed, Beaver 09 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
MANLY veteran Steve Menzies is so inspired and reinvigorated by the Sea Eagles premiership charge he may play on for not just one, but two more NRL seasons.

Menzies remains in negotiations with the Sea Eagles over a contract extension for a 16th season, but has not ruled out running around again in 2009.

The 320-game veteran could easily surpass Terry Lamb (349) with the most career games if he continues playing and remains injury free.

His manager Wayne Beavis will continue discussions with the club this weekend where an option for a second season could be included in his deal.

"It would probably be an option for two years,'' said Menzies today. "At this stage I only want to play one year and then I suppose if I'm feeling good maybe another. I'm looking at one year and seeing how I feel, but you never know.''

The Sea Eagles playing roster for next season was further boosted today with winger Michael Robertson agreeing to terms for another two years at the club.

Interchange forward Glenn Hall also received good news with his shoulder injury downgraded from season ending to a two-three week diagnosis.

Menzies and fellow backrower Luke Williamson remain the only significant players yet to secure their futures, 33-year-old Menzies keen to play on as Manly rebuilds towards another NRL title.

"We have a good side and hopefully it can only get better,'' he said.

But the Sea Eagles quest for a title this season has stumbled in recent weeks with back-to-back losses prompting many to question Manly's premiership claims.

Former Parramatta legend Ray Price said the Sea Eagles were likely to choke in the finals, but Manly centre Steve Bell maintains the successive losses are only a minor hiccup in their run home.

However, the Queensland Origin centre says the club must quickly rediscover form this Sunday against St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval.

"It's not the end of the world but hopefully it's a big wake up call for us,'' said Bell. "Two losses now and we need to work on where we are going wrong and hopefully we can get it all out of our system now and hopefully it's the last loss of the year.

"We've been playing well for 40 minutes ... I think if we can play a good 80 minutes against the Dragons on the weekend it will definitely help us going into the finals.''

Coach Des Hasler maintains Manly are on the right path heading into September, where the Sea Eagles will look to end a 10-year finals victory drought.

He has no concerns about Manly's lack of spark in attack and says Sunday's "dress rehearsal'' against the Dragons is the perfect opportunity to get back to their disciplined football style which proved successful earlier this year.

"We've just been playing too much footy without the ball and you can't win games without possession,'' said Hasler. "You can't lose your way in attack if you don't have the ball.

"At the end of the day we know where we are headed and what we want to do. (Sunday) is really our last opportunity to prepare and to get things right.''

Sounds good and positive. Ray Price is, and always was, a total coq. The only positive with him is his hatred of Fitzgerald. Watch the 77 grandfinal to see him choke.

Sounds good and positive. Ray Price is, and always was, a total coq. The only positive with him is his hatred of Fitzgerald. Watch the 77 grandfinal to see him choke.

He is a french chicken?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4