Great game of footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
susan said:
Bones that's exactly what I''m saying.I have watched and loved the Eagles for 43 years mate but I comment on what I see in front of me.Unless their are major injuries to the top sides we wont win this year.It wont stop me cheering every point we score in the meantime.

I'm not saying we will win it either, but we will go much further in this comp than the Warriors will.
Our playing roster is as good as any in the top 3. If we get an injury free run and strike a bit of form WE ARE CAPABLE OF WINNING THIS COMP . Anything is possible if the players believe in them selves unlike some of the supporters we have on here . Shame on you guys !!!

However we would have to pay them their real salary and we would then only be able to afford a few fringe players to make up the rest of the team. The joys of having rusty wangle your salary cap woes

There's no doubt Susan that the Rabbits are not only playing good football but can certainly entertain.

Something Manly are very good at when they have their Mojo factor in place.

Lets hope they get it back tonight. I have been trying to get through way too many miserable weeks just of late.

I feel a "happy face" pending at around 9pm this evening

BOZO said:
bones said:
susan said:
Bones that's exactly what I''m saying.I have watched and loved the Eagles for 43 years mate but I comment on what I see in front of me.Unless their are major injuries to the top sides we wont win this year.It wont stop me cheering every point we score in the meantime.

I'm not saying we will win it either, but we will go much further in this comp than the Warriors will.
Our playing roster is as good as any in the top 3. If we get an injury free run and strike a bit of form WE ARE CAPABLE OF WINNING THIS COMP . Anything is possible if the players believe in them selves unlike some of the supporters we have on here . Shame on you guys !!!

images

As I do every year I will reserve making calls about who will go all the way until the dust from Origin 3 has settled.

Bozo Im too old for that true supporter stuff mate.I look and judge with my own eyes.If its yellow and it quacks its a duck.

When you follow a team for half a century you take the good with the bad and enjoy the ride either way.The MWSE ride has been fantastic.

As for the roster it equates to 25 players,not 13 and if you think our roster matches the top sides then you are watching a different game.

susan said:
Bozo Im too old for that true supporter stuff mate.I look and judge with my own eyes.If its yellow and it quacks its a duck.

When you follow a team for half a century you take the good with the bad and enjoy the ride either way.The MWSE ride has been fantastic.

As for the roster it equates to 25 players,not 13 and if you think our roster matches the top sides then you are watching a different game.
For some one that has been following a side for half a century would know very well that the top 3 sides dont always win the comp and between now and 8 weeks time a lot can happen with players unavailable and form . I am also judging with my own eyes and i can see a Manly side that has the majority of its players that have Premiership match winning experience led by the one and only Jamie Lyon.
I dont see a sitting yellow duck like some of you guys do . I see a Mighty Maroon Sea Eagle that is just about to start to soar above the rest !!!
Enjoy our big win tonight feathered friends :D

I wont declare us 1 way or the other

I remember last season people declared the Storm couldn't win because their forwards weren't up to it and they lost 5 on the trot and we know how that turned out

At this stage I'm only prepared to put the red pen through Parra and St Merge.

manlyfan76 said:
As I do every year I will reserve making calls about who will go all the way until the dust from Origin 3 has settled.

Finally someone making sense . Who's hitting their straps a month from now will be a lot better form guide than what's happening now . Sure we all want to win by plenty and often , however as I see it :

The season is basically split into 4 segments these days

1- Early season and pre origin rounds
2- 6 weeks muddled with byes and SOO
3- Post origin and getting ready for the finals
4- Finals time .

We are about to finish stage 2 and enter the real football of stages 3 & 4 . This is when our game will rise to another level . Let the games begin ....

dceagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Finally someone making sense . Who's hitting their straps a month from now will be a lot better form guide than what's happening now . Sure we all want to win by plenty and often , however as I see it :

The season is basically split into 4 segments these days

1- Early season and pre origin rounds
2- 6 weeks muddled with byes and SOO
3- Post origin and getting ready for the finals
4- Finals time .

We are about to finish stage 2 and enter the real football of stages 3 & 4 . This is when our game will rise to another level . Let the games begin ....

Hopefully we can stay fit and away from the MRC and other teams can have the bad luck for a while. I'd love to finish 6th and beat Melb the first week of finals.

BOZO said:
susan said:

For some one that has been following a side for half a century would know very well that the top 3 sides dont always win the comp and between now and 8 weeks time a lot can happen with players unavailable and form . I am also judging with my own eyes and i can see a Manly side that has the majority of its players that have Premiership match winning experience led by the one and only Jamie Lyon.
I dont see a sitting yellow duck like some of you guys do . I see a Mighty Maroon Sea Eagle that is just about to start to soar above the rest !!!
Enjoy our big win tonight feathered friends :D

I guess we will see who is right at the end of the year! Susan does make a lot of sense, though...

'' some one that has been following a side for half a century would know very well that the top 3 sides dont always win the comp ''

Incorrect.Unfortunately in the modern game they almost always do.

Fair points susan...but to counter that - two of our most disspaointing GF losses have come against the dogs ( winning from 6th? from memory) in a year we only lost 3 games in total - the GF being one of them...and drugcastle beating us , after we dusted them the prvious 12 times we met them.

susan said:
'' some one that has been following a side for half a century would know very well that the top 3 sides dont always win the comp ''

Incorrect.Unfortunately in the modern game they almost always do.
2009 Storm (4th) 23 beat Parra (8th) 16
2005 Tigers (4th) 30 beat NQLD (5th) 16
2002 Easts (4th) 30 beat N.Z (1st) 8

Kiwi Eagle said:
I wont declare us 1 way or the other

I remember last season people declared the Storm couldn't win because their forwards weren't up to it and they lost 5 on the trot and we know how that turned out

Post Origin is the real deal. The teams with momentum and in the top4 in August will be the ones to back. I still feel Souffs will suffer towards the end. They've only lost 2 games and not even Manly or Storm in their premiership years maintained that sort of momentum all year. 2008 Manly 7 losses, 2009 Storm 9 losses, 2010 Saints 7 losses, 2011 Manly 6 losses, 2012 Storm 7 losses. Souffs have a very tough run home and after the bye I reckon they will drop 4 or 5 games. If they come through that with only a couple of close losses then they will have what it takes to win it. The Roosters have a good run home they will be right up there probably minor premiers. Storm have a tough run home. Dogs have a good run and will be our challenge for 4th.
For us to win it we can only afford 2 or 3 more losses which I seriously doubt now with more injuries. I think we will finish 5th.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7