1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grant Meyer

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DSM5, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 /0
    Noticed in the paper a report of problems at board level.  Apparently Grant Meyer is on the nose.  Any insights?

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 /14
    sounds like a lot of **** from these journos again
    this was brought up 2 months ago and Delmege said it was all lies

3. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    It's a rumour that's been floating around for at least half a year. Apparently it stems from Mayer and Delmege not seeing eye to eye on something, but neither party has said anything in public about it, nor acknowledge it at all really.

I hope there's nothing to it because I think Grant has done a fantastic job, is great with the media and we shouldn't downplay the role he's had in lifting us back to the top. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he is head-hunted for roles (that is assuming the rumour is bullsh*t, and Manly aren't trying to push him out)...and those roles wouldn't automatically be in the NRL, or even limited to sporting organisations. I think he's quickly building a good reputation at what he does, and I hope we keep him.

4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 /72
    Where was this reported???  Seems like old news to me.  Probably just trying to fill column space in a quiet time of year for real sports news.

5. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    Sunday Tele's Bec&Buzz gossip column.

6. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 /0
    Ahh, the pinnacle of journalistic excellence :)

7. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    It's where we all aspire to end up.

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 /7
      They are full of ****e.  Mayer's practically part of the family.

9. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Indeed.

My entire life's ambitions are 100% committed to achieving the same level of printed diarrhea.

Back to topic though, I can't add an alternative opinion -  Is Grant, is good, has done wonders for us imo.