Grant Atkins abused by AFB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I‘m sure, all you mob, like me were really wondering what Peter Fitzsimons opinion on the AFB saga was.
(yeah, right)@:rolleyes:
Fitzsimons keeps an eye on things and fearlessly calls out poor behaviour and shady deals.
Hey maybe someone should email him and ask him to make some enquiries about the mysterious case of Eels winger Sibo.
Charged in Fiji with indecent assault but its gone very quiet.
This giant is now the talk of the town and featured on all the TV promos.
But why has there been no update?
Call me cynical but it makes me wonder whether, well, er... I don't really need to spell it out, do I.
Come on fitzy, do some digging and give us an update.

Fitzsimons keeps an eye on things and fearlessly calls out poor behaviour and shady deals.
Hey maybe someone should email him and ask him to make some enquiries about the mysterious case of Eels winger Sibo.
Call me cynical but it makes me wonder whether, well, er... I don't really need to spell it out, do I.
Like the sentiment SER8 but it's forlorn hope to be depending on that serial dribbler to do any good or find anything without his team of book authors I mean researchers Unless of course it was to investigate the chances of that Chardonnay leftist wearing that ridiculous rag on his head as Peter Fitzsimons King of Australia!!!!
Has a nice ring to it doesn't it

Why has the player that dived to take out Funa's legs not been mentioned? He was as culpable as Best was and his infringement was worth a penalty on it's own.
Just thinking the very same thing. The guy that came charging across dived in legs first and was in no way attempting to make a tackle. The fact that Best gave him a shove in the back completely took the focus off the other tool involved.

Last edited:
Nearly smashed my TV up tonight listening to Kunt and Car stomper Hooper

Instead of having the plums to admit their version of events that they portrayed last night was absolute bull****, they doubled down and went even harder at AFB and the club
Don't let them get to you, Kiwi. All these fine, upstanding commentators who have never said or done anything stupid their entire lives are piling on in order to make themselves relevant. It's an opportunistic grab for the spotlight and nothing more. In a week's time, it'll all be forgotten.

Just thinking the very same thing. The guy that came charging across dived in legs first and was in no way attempting to make a tackle. The fact that best gave him a shove in the back completely took the focus off the other tool involved.
And he did it AFTER Funa kicked so is not eve allowed to make a tackle.

Nearly smashed my TV up tonight listening to Kunt and Car stomper Hooper

Instead of having the plums to admit their version of events that they portrayed last night was absolute bull****, they doubled down and went even harder at AFB and the club
Read I thought was the only one admitting it's not acceptable but it happens heat of the moment not intended to offend the particular person just using the words out of context

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

Subscriber only

|

July 8, 2020 6:59pm

Close

FOXSPORTS2:18
Fonua-Blake denies 2nd spray
NRL: Addin Fonua-Blake has denied giving a second spray to the faces of the referees, but admits they could have overheard him venting in the sheds.

Addin Fonua-Blake will be asked to explain his ugly behaviour during a private meeting with an angry NRL interim CEO Andrew Abdo — before the Manly star will be ordered to do educational work with people with disabilities.

Prompted by Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys, Fonua-Blake and Abdo will speak via a Zoom conference call on Thursday afternoon.

The meeting will take place after Abdo on Wednesday morning issued Fonua-Blake with a notice under the NRL’s anti-vilification code. Humphreys will also represent Manly on the Zoom call.

It is understood Fonua-Blake will volunteer to complete community service and education work with a disability group as punishment, although that would be difficult to accomplish under the NRL’s current biosecurity protocols.

Fonua-Blake will be called on by Abdo to explain why he chose such discriminatory and offensive words against Atkins.

The giant Sea Eagles front-rower will also be asked how he intends to rectify the damage he has caused himself, his club and the game.

In a club statement and separate video clip, Fonua-Blake apologised for his comments but Abdo will seek to determine how sincere the player really is. Humphreys will also express his club’s views.

After Sunday’s game against Newcastle, when Manly were denied a late penalty which could have levelled the scores, Fonua-Blake called referee Grant Atkins a “f…ing retard.”

And in a second moment of drama inside the Brookvale Oval dressing room area, Fonua-Blake labelled Atkins a “spastic”.

Fonua-Blake claimed he didn’t direct the second sledge at Atkins but was “venting” from inside Manly’s dressing room.

Either way, the language has angered Abdo and ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys.

Humphreys felt a personal meeting could be beneficial to Fonua-Blake. It is understood the NRL may impose further punishment on Fonua-Blake after the meeting.

The Daily Telegraph understands Fonua-Blake could face an additional suspension but a monetary fine — along with community work — is more likely. Neither Humphreys or the NRL would comment on Wednesday afternoon.

In a statement released on Tuesday night, Abdo said: “This is more than a simple sanction. It’s important there is an education and rehabilitation component to issues like this to ensure players learn from these mistakes and realise the impact of their actions on the community.”

The NRL match-review committee issued Fonua-Blake with a grade three contrary contact charge, the Tonga Test forward pleading guilty and accepting a two-game ban. Grade three is the highest contrary conduct charge that can be laid.

It is understood the match review committee was fully aware of the two ugly incidents with Atkins when it charged Fonua-Blake.

On Tuesday afternoon, V’landys said: “As role models, players have to understand there are ramifications to their words and that’s non-negotiable with me. Being a role model comes with obligations and they are obligations we take very seriously.

“You’ve got kids are who handicapped or disadvantaged and these role models are basically promoting them being called names. That doesn’t wash well with me at all.

“Everyone says things in the heat of the moment and things we don’t actually mean but my concern, for him to continue on, is a serious concern.”

The breathtaking hypocrisy that Sivo is a hero to the press and we do not know the outcome of what happened in Fiji. Same with Curtis Scott who is playing in spite of being charged with resisting arrest and assaulting police. Sivo plays for a protected species club and all the NRL can think is the dollar signs that the whinging worms will give them. You make a great point SER8!!

Taking away all the outrage, was Addin's accusation actually invalid?
Yes but he should have said, "oh my golly gosh dear sir, in my perception you have made a silly error that cost my team greatly."
Then in the dressing sheds, "Fiddlesticks! That error has made me a tad upset. I hope the poor man gets his eyes tested. I'm concerned about his vision."
@;)

Kent calls DCE and other Manly players "pumpkin heads"

No sanctions expected but a boycott would be nice.

Cowardly failed player and turnip molester, kent, will soon be over himself to gain interviews with Manly players once his editor pulls on his leash and informs him that clicks are needed on his work if he ever wants to get to eat at the human table and not feed off scraps from a dumpster skunk bowl.

If players are going to be insulted and treated in such an unprofessional way, then access to all players should be denied to those whose actions are disrespectful.

#nomorekent

Kent also said senior players like captain Daly Cherry-Evans should have taken a harder stance with Fonua-Blake, instead of publicly defending him when speaking to media on Wednesday.

“Before that statement went out last night they should have looked at it and something in their pumpkin heads should have thought......................

Amazingly kent goes on to praise sCam's "leadership" when sCam refused to talk to a fellow team mate for 4 months when he did something sCam didn't like.

Kent calls DCE and other Manly players "pumpkin heads"

Kent also said senior players like captain Daly Cherry-Evans should have taken a harder stance with Fonua-Blake, instead of publicly defending him when speaking to media on Wednesday.

“Before that statement went out last night they should have looked at it and something in their pumpkin heads should have thought......................

Amazingly kent goes on to praise sCam's "leadership" when sCam refused to talk to a fellow team mate for 4 months when he did something sCam didn't like.

He said that Scam didn't talk to Bromwich for months - ie leadership and expectations.
Bromwich and Proctor got done for snorting coke in public - hello?
1. it's illegal
2. they were 30 yo at the time, they have been around a bit longer so no excuses really.

No wonder Scam distanced himself from them.

To lambast the club and DCE because of how AFB apologised is clutching at straws, as Brent Read said, if they told him what to say or how to say it then they could be accused of contriving the apology and be open to criticism.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I‘m sure, all you mob, like me were really wondering what Peter Fitzsimons opinion on the AFB saga was.
(yeah, right)@:rolleyes:

A bottom feeder like FitzSimons has a fairly predictable modus operandi. He can't seem to sustain rational arguments with his peers about serious issues and as a predictor of political trends he has a batting strike rate of about 0.2 %. So what is his stock-in-trade? Ridiculing the statements of footballers and cricketers. Lampooning their speech patterns and nervous tics in interviews.

He seems to have a fascination with lampooning those from Polynesian backgrounds that could be seen as derogatory of their race. Yet when he trades blows with those who are his intellectual equivalent, he looks like a posturing buffoon with little credibility.

A man whose books are amateurish rehashes of people others have written better biographies about. And man who writes columns that scream out to his cohorts "Please like me!". No intellectual courage at all. And he persists with that ridiculous red bandana affectation.

Apart from that, he's a top bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4