Grand final re-match in Perth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
This says Manly game against Warriors to be in Perth.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-to-meet-new-zealand-warriors-in-perth-in-july/story-e6frexnr-1226346267734

The weird thing is a quote attributed to Perry seems to say Manly haven't played in Perth before! WTF???

"The Warriors have a huge support base over there and both teams have never played in Perth before," Perry said last night.

Am sure Manly went there 2 or 3 times in 1990s including against Western Reds in 1996 which I remember because we lost.

I was there in 1993 watching us beat Cronulla !

It was winter time as I extended my trip to check out Monkey Mia and almost froze in the water watching the dolphins :)

Perry needs to read the Manly History Books:

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/w.a.c.a._vn.html
Manly v Canberra W.A.C.A. 18-May-1990
Cronulla v Manly, W.A.C.A. 09-Jul-1993
Western Reds v Manly W.A.C.A. 30-Jun-1996

I never followed the Norther Eagles, so I'm not sure if there were any trips with them to Perth.

If the article was written by anyone but the DT I would actually be really excited.

It is happening on Saturday 28th.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-head-west-for-Warriors/54474

Webjet have $132 each way tickets via Jetstar.

Smart move taking this game to Perth, hopefully the club will make some good coin from this.
Shame the NIB stadium can't hold more people, as we all know watching NRL at non-rectangular grounds isn't ideal.

Stevo said:
Ohhhh. Imagine being on those piddly little jetstar seats all the way to perth!

If you're a tall bastard (like me) I can vouch that it would be money very well spent forking out for an exit row seat on your flight over to Perth. Virgin would be my preference over Jetstar.

Flying east you tend to fly with a decent tail wind and the flight time is typically an hour less than on the way over when you're flying into the wind so at a pinch you can get away without an exit row but better if you can grab one both ways.

Skyscanner is showing a range of options from $278 return.
http://www.skyscanner.com.au/flights/syd/per/120727/120730/airfares-from-sydney-kingsford-smith-to-perth-in-july-2012.html
For the desperado's :) you could fly in on Sat AM and leave on the midnight flight same day out of Perth if you really wanted too (not recommended) Or, you could have a bit of a stay in Perth (highly recommended) and enjoy the city and the footy. We have great restaurants, pubs and bars.
For those with more time on their hand, you can rent a car and drive down to Margaret River which is 3 hrs South of Perth and worthy of a couple of nights.

If anyone has any questions about visiting Perth, feel free to hit me up and I'll do my best to answer.

This is friggin awesome. Saturday night is perfect. You bloody beauty.

And I concur WAMF. I am 6ft 4" and the $28 for the extra leg room is well worth it.
Otherwise knees around your ears for 4+ hours, is no fun at all. (when you're a bloke)

Clint said:
This is friggin awesome. Saturday night is perfect. You bloody beauty.

And I concur WAMF. I am 6ft 4" and the $28 for the extra leg room is well worth it.
Otherwise knees around your ears for 4+ hours, is no fun at all. (when you're a bloke)

I'd presume even the girls would struggle with their knees around their ears for four hours

never book with webjet
use it to gather prices then book with the airline direct.
webjet chuck on extra fees for not doing all that much at all
then it takes multiple requests to get off their mailing list that they flood you with crap.

Bulldog Ritchie trying to stir up trouble again with this tweet earlier on

Manly take grand final replay against NZ in rd 21 from Brookvale to Perth. Good money to move but season ticket holders will be dirty.

Stevo said:

That's a luxury. Try 5 to 6 hours sitting in the back of a RAAF C130 Hercules in the red sideways pack seats from RAAF Base Richmond to RAAF Base Pearce (just north of Perth).

ANHERC7.JPG

I must congratulate all those associated with the pragmatic decision to:
1. Listen to passionate Manly fans and keep the match with Storm at Brookie, and
2. Take the Worriors match to Perth in order to make more money for the club.
I believe most Manly fans understand the need to occasionally take games from Brookie, but NOT the Storm match. Earlier discussions on this forum suggested fans like me, who argued for retaining the Storm match at Brookie, were going to kill the club.
I'm pleased a sensible compromise has been reached, and I'm seriously considering coming to Perth to watch with one of my kids.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Bulldog Ritchie trying to stir up trouble again with this tweet earlier on

Manly take grand final replay against NZ in rd 21 from Brookvale to Perth. Good money to move but season ticket holders will be dirty.

Don't know why he would suggest that season ticket holders would be dirty, we only pay for 10 games at Brookie with the full knowledge that 2 games will be played elsewhere. The original decision to play Melbourne in WA was always just plain dumb by those that mooted it due to the intense rivalry that now exists between Manly & the Storm. The decision to play the Warriors in WA is to be applauded.

http://portal.rlcrm.com.au/CRMPortal/Public/Packages

This was a link from the Members Newsletter yesterday.
Its good value at $90 - Cat 1 ticket and Post Match Function - cap etc

Guys

I am looking at offering our usual packages to Perth PLUS this time we are looking at some group flights (with Virgin).

The advantages of group flights are that you'll only have to pay a small deposit to book on (with the balance due a month before), plus we'll arrange transfers from the airport to the hotel and return. And there's the obvious fun of going on the same fllights there and back with the others.

Our aim will be to go over early Saturday morning, back Sunday lunchtime but extendable to stay longer.

No idea on costs yet, we are only just kicking into gear now and Monday is a Public Holiday here so not much will happen to next week.

Jethro said:
Stevo said:

That's a luxury. Try 5 to 6 hours sitting in the back of a RAAF C130 Hercules in the red sideways pack seats from RAAF Base Richmond to RAAF Base Pearce (just north of Perth).

ANHERC7.JPG

On the plus side, plenty of head room :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6