Grand Final entertainment ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
None of it is actually needed....ask yourselves this....where are the majority of people at the game whilst it's on.....lining up for a piss, a pie and a beer...in that exact order.

And me watching on TV, where was I.....NOT lining up for a piss (but taking one), grabbing another beer for my mate and I, and making sure the steaks that were defrosting weren't too defrosted.

I could not give a rates arse about the entertainment.

Give me,

under 20's (30 min break to allow for extra time), reserves (ditto), parade of retired players, bring on the teams, national anthem and GAME ON.

The rest is a WOFTAM

Mark from Brisbane link said:
None of it is actually needed....ask yourselves this....where are the majority of people at the game whilst it's on.....lining up for a piss, a pie and a beer...in that exact order.

And me watching on TV, where was I.....NOT lining up for a piss (but taking one), grabbing another beer for my mate and I, and making sure the steaks that were defrosting weren't too defrosted.

I could not give a rates arse about the entertainment.

Give me,

under 20's (30 min break to allow for extra time), reserves (ditto), parade of retired players, bring on the teams, national anthem and GAME ON.

The rest is a WOFTAM

I don't know, see the average poster on this forum is interested solely on the football, which makes us a bad test case for the entertainment at the game, our opinions are by nature skewed one way collectively. (At least in balance). A lot of people who go to a GF are more casual fans who are less interested in the footy and need to be engaged, hence the 50k or so 'Manly Fans' at the GF in 08.

I was at the game with an Easts fan and a Canadian guy who had never seen a RL match. We timed our arrival for just before 5pm, having little interest in the entertainment, which again proved ordinary. The band that played the Rolling Stones covers was OK, but I was really only interested in the football. Having fireworks during the daytime doesn't work. I would have thought most people would know this. The helicopter arrival is now old hat. The game didn't seem to start till about 5.20pm, so I could have arrived even later and not missed anything.
The verdict from my Canadian guest: The stadium was awesome; he'd never been in a venue so big. He enjoyed the game, even though I thought the match didn't live up to expectations, but he described the entertainment as "not that good".
The verdict from my Chooks' mate: ??? (he was hard to understand through sobs) - we both thought Easts would win at half time.
What's in those drinks than Bennett gave Illawarra players at half-time?

I am not too concerned about the entertainment, but it was average this year because I had never heard of them. The best part of it all was the Under 16s relay

ManlyBacker link said:
Get a grip Duff - I can't agree. :) The dinosaurs who run the show should know by now that the majority are not interested in hearing songs from more than 40 years ago. I grew up with that stuff and I can't stand listening to it one more time. Anything in the last decade will do. I don't have anything against You Am I but the Stones? Mauboy, despite being an idol product, was ok. If I see another 50 yo rocker hardly able to move again I will throw up. Get them off the stage and bring on anyone with energy.

Haha MB, I envy you growing up in those days, that's the greatest era of music, but that's one for the General forum.

There was no one over 50 up there. You Am I are the greatest Aussie band of the last 20 years (I'll take that to the general forum if anyboydy dares argue) Sultan is the next big thing & Jamieson is the lead singer of Grinspoon, currently in the charts or at least was this year.

It's Mauboy & the Jiggy Wiggers that make me cringe.

TBH, like many, if I want to see a band, I'll go & see them. I don't think that GF entertainment is necessary at all. It's a massive waste of money that could be spent on grass roots development or at least spread around the clubs. I'm not sure why they persist with it.

Rusty, I'm not having a go but do you think they'd sell less tickets or get lower ratings if the entertainment was "simplified"?

"Rusty, I'm not having a go but do you think they'd sell less tickets or get lower ratings if the entertainment was "simplified"?"

Not ONE less would be sold!!

We go for the football...HOWEVER I imagine that for TV those figures are different, I'd imagine a fair few "tune in" to see that and probably tune out when the football starts.

But even so still a small percentage of 3 1/2 million viewers would give a rats arse!

i tell you what.... the grandfinal entertainment would have been better for me had my manly played  in the GF..then i would have payed attention to it..

They had The Potbelliez at the Footy Show, and they were awesome live, shoulda got them for the GF as well

They've got a lot better. I would've agreed with that the first time I saw them but to be fair, they were pretty young.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7