Graham Lowe interested in CEO position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

If we can't have Mayer lets have the mini bus.  Hopefully he can bring back Kevin and Tony iro and joe Roparti with him.
l
FORMER Manly coach Graham Lowe has again expressed a desire to take on the Sea Eagles’ CEO vacancy.

The Manly Daily understands up to 90 candidates have formally applied for the popular job.

Lowe is not among them, yet, but he is interested in the position vacated by Grant Mayer in June.

Lowe said he has not formally applied for the job but would be interested to relocate from Auckland to again link with his beloved club.

“It’s certainly something I would be keen to look at,” the 63-year-old said on Monday.

“I’m a Manly person and the club has always been dear to my heart.

“It’s a huge club and it’s a big responsibility.”

Lowe would not confirm if he will apply for the job or not.

“If I was going to do that, I certainly wouldn’t through the media,” he said.

Lowe has actually expressed interest in the past - in 2005, when the board went with Pat Wilson, and again three years ago when Mayer was appointed.

Back in 2006, names like Geoff Toovey and Peter Peters were mentioned as possible CEO candidates by club supremo Ken Arthurson.

But it was the unknown Mayer who snared the role, going on to play a key role off the field in Manly’s resurgence in the NRL premiership over the past three seasons.

Lowe was caught by surprise when told of Toovey’s reluctance to pursue the job.

“I just thought it was a foregone conclusion,” Lowe said of Toovey.

“I understood Tooves was the man they were going to look at.

“He’s probably got a good future as a coach.”

Lowe has a strong connection to Manly having coached the club for three years until his retirement in 1993 due to ill health.

“The only reason I went to Manly was Arko,” Lowe said.

“I forged a strong bond there back to when I was the Kiwis coach when I leaned on him for advice.”

Toovey confirmed on Monday the job is not on his radar for the moment.

“It might be a possibility in the future,” the 1996 premiership-winning captain said.

“I’ve got a lot of other commitments at the moment and I’m happy with those.”

"Lowe would not confirm if he will apply for the job or not" “If I was going to do that, I certainly wouldn’t through the media,” he said.

If he isnt enterprising enough to find a way to present his case to the board without going through the normal recruitment channels then that says a fair bit.

lowe did some good things as coach at manly
he was the bloke who bought ridge,roberts and bella to the club to the club.

To this day i think he would of delievered us a premiership in 1991 had we not lost Hasler and Roberts to season ending injuries in the second round game our defense just wasnt the same without them.

I know he is still a passionate Manly fan, was a story a few years back where he Manly were playing over here, He walked into a pub and convinced them to get on Manly by plenty, we rolled them and the TAB lost 5 figures

Not so sure this job would be great for him though, the roles he played in the Warriors around 1999 and also in the NZRL haven't been the best

The disgraced Tony Zappia has applied!  ;D
He has less than chance than Fitzgerald of filling the position. Apparently he is aiming higher than carting fruit and veg at the markets.

Zappia your got as much chance as a F**king blow fly . ;D

2vuj6tk.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7