Gower seeks release: report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

February 3, 2006

PENRITH halfback Craig Gower is reportedly seeking a release from his contract with the rugby league club.

Gower, who was stripped of the captaincy and fined $100,000 – $30,000 of which was suspended – following a series of drunken incidents at a golfing function in December, is understood to be unhappy with the action the club took over the matter.

Channel Ten reported the 27-year-old's manager Greg Willett had a meeting with Penrith general manager Mick Leary to discuss various issues in relation to Gower today.

Leary, who did not answer phone calls this evening, was reported to have denied Gower was specifically seeking a release from a five year contract which was signed last year.

Gower has already been linked to the Castleford club in England and NRL team the Melbourne Storm.

He is currently overseas on his honeymoon.

AAP

If Prince leaves the tigers then maybe they will be interested in him - not.

It was interesting to read in last Sundays papers that out of 90 guests that attended Gowers wedding last Saturday on the northern beaches , there was not 1 Penrith 1st grade player in attendance. Greg Alexander , Ryan Girdler & Chris Hicks were at the wedding. It makes me wonder whether there has been a falling out at the club after his recent indiscretion.

If Craig Gower does manage to get out of the Panthers , he would be a good pick up for the Storm Troopers.

Another point , with the possibility of Trent Barrett leaving the Dragons after season 2006 , I wonder if Anthony Mundine will be looking for a club after Danny Green sends hime to the canvas in the much anticipated April showdown. I recall hearing that Saints have stated that they have no interest. Maybe he'll end up playing for South Sydney ( aka Homebush Hares )

Time will tell !!

Gower is an absolute loser. He should have been sacked for the incident and he thinks a small fine and loss of captainancy is too harsh. What a tool.

He should have been sacked and deregistered so he couldnt play anywhere. He has already had a last warning.

Gower is an absolute loser. He should have been sacked for the incident and he thinks a small fine and loss of captainancy is too harsh. What a tool.

He should have been sacked and deregistered so he couldnt play anywhere. He has already had a last warning.
plenty of coffs harbour vets still playing - i think you might be losing perspective

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6