Gower not playing this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
Just came up on the SMH:

Brett Finch will be favoured to retain the NSW State of Origin halfback spot after Craig Gower ruled himself out of Penrith's NRL clash with Manly on Sunday.

After a second training run on Friday morning, Gower decided he had not recovered sufficiently from the knee surgery which ruled him out of the opening State of Origin win over Queensland in Sydney last week.

However Panthers CEO Mick Leary appealed to NSW selectors to give Gower more time to prove his fitness for the second Origin match in Brisbane on June 14.

The selectors are due to name their team on Monday.

"I'd like to see them give him a few more days to give him a chance of passing the medical as I do think that in a few more days he would be 100 per cent," Leary told Southern Cross radio.

Finch became an Origin hero when he kicked the winning field goal less than 24 hours after being called into the Blues side as a fourth-choice option behind Gower, Andrew Johns and Matt Orford.

I agree. Gower isn't that good, often kicking out on the full, poor options, vital fumbles. He often reminds me of 'Our Monas', could put in a blinder then have a string of mediocre performances. We'll win because we're better all over the park.

as long as the guys dont relax after realising he isnt playing, id probably be more confident if he was playing!

sorry to sound like Ryan!

as long as the guys dont relax after realising he isnt playing, id probably be more confident if he was playing!

sorry to sound like Ryan!

If they can't fire up for the 300th game of Manly's greatest son what will they fire up for?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4