Gould's unprofessionalism

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Last night Phil Gould revealed to an audience of millions sensitive medical information about Brent Kite including a pending operation. No doubt this was partly so his former club would know to run at Kite's right side next week.

However:
1. Was it a breach of a man's right to privacy regarding his medical state?
2. Was it a breach of Gould's contractual obligations and duty of care to an impending employee?
3. Was it potentially a breach of doctor-patient confidentiality (if it was the Penrith doctor who revealed Kite's need for surgery to Gould?)

Maybe the NRL integrity unit could investigate since they've done such a sterling job with their own employee.

Mata,

You make some valid points and perhaps Gould overstepped the mark by a fraction but in his defence, it doesn't take an Ironstine to note the mountains of strapping on Kites wrist each week.

So from the perspective that you feel that Gould may have given some vital information away, well I'm not too sure about that.
In fact, I'd be amazed if 'injuries' aren't among the top items of discussion among players, including players/friends at other clubs.

I don't think it was a conspiracy and I don't believe that Gould wants to see Kite get even more hurt.

Kite was talking about it in the post game so I'd doubt that it was a guarded secret.

Lima will be twisting it soon then :mad:

I agree that Gus was more likely to have been motivated by admiration of Kitey's dedication.

Better than listening to Rabbits working every play into a sub plot of an upcoming Nine Show:mad:

manlyfan76 said:
Kite was talking about it in the post game so I'd doubt that it was a guarded secret.

probably only because gould bought it up

HappilyManly said:
Better than listening to Rabbits working every play into a sub plot of an upcoming Nine Show:mad:

i agree, it s#!ts me to tears listening to that crap.

Everyone knows about Kites wrists, and they are bandaged.

Gould is a tragic, who reads a game well. When you have a melon like that, you have to be good at something.

I was hoping Gould would stfu at the time. As a penrith person he should have kept quiet. Even if it is common knowledge, I am uncomfortable with his disclosure.

So if he can only use one arm to get up, and the other to play the ball, you hold the arm that Kite will use to get up, and slow him down every time.

Its not the first time a commentator has told the audience of a player carrying a serious injury into a game, and it won't be the last. After all, isn't it the medias job to report those sort of things to their audience? And as for Kitey only mentioning his injury because of Gould letting the cat out of the bag, how would he know what Gus is saying or said during the game?

I don't think it was unprofessional of Gould to tell about Kiteys broken wrist. The way he was talking about it he was full of praise for his courage in even being out there with such an injury. Remember, Gus is an old front rower himself from an era when players more often than not toughed it out with those sort of injuries. He like a show of guts and determination, which is also one of the reasons why he actually praises Manly a lot more than he bags us.

The only thing from the media that I'd ask is that if we happen to play the Chooks in the Grand Final.....can someone please keep Brad Fittler AWAY from any working microphones within a 300 km radius of ANZ Stadium. If there is anyone on the Nein team who is unprofessional as a commentator.....Freddie is that person. I thought Wally Lewis was bad enough during the 3rd Origin game this year. Fittler is worse than Lewis.

Id say he just likes the sound of his own voice and thats what entered his head when he saw Kite drop the ball. He does talk a lot

So people will also complain when a player comes off injured and the sideline eye gives everyone an injury update ?

Lord Eagleton said:
He does talk a lot

Funny that really, wouldn't expect a commentator to talk much :p

Maybe Gus is the Penrith Doctor and he had permission from Kite to mention it? Either way, I think NATO should investigate it.

It makes zero sense to me that Gould would highlight it so that other teams can target it.

I'm incredulous that a footballer can play in the toughest position in the world's toughest sport with a broken wrist.
All I can say is WOW.
What a team man is Brent.

The Who said:
I'm incredulous that a footballer can play in the toughest position in the world's toughest sport with a broken wrist.
All I can say is WOW.

WOW

The Who said:
All I can say is WOW.

WOW[/size]

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7