Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
haileyanderson said:
Wow. Congratulations! I want one too. It's just the same as ipad but cheaper right?

Not sure if trolling........

No nothing like the iPad. The iPad is essentially a tablet Mac. For internet and games really and a few other apps, a large iPhone without the phone.

The Kindle is an ebook reader, used just for reading books. It uses eINK instead of a backlit screen meaning it is easier on the eyes etc. Not touchscreen or anything like that. Just a simple device aimed at reading eBooks only

Just ordered 1 of these for my best mates birthday today, mainly off your guys recommendations. She will love it, is reading all the time

Hope it helps you get your leg over then, if so it's another feature to add to the list

For you or her? You didn't need to drink her pretty did you?

Well the kindle was a massive hit with her

The bitch wouldn't even talk to me on the train after she got the bloody thing, was glued to it haha

I bought the wife one a few months ago bob, so have been using hers on and off, but had to wait for the tax return before I could swing my own :)

and I noticed today that Big W and DSE are selling them as of the end of the month.

$159 for the Wifi, $219 3G.

yeah once you get past the first its bloody good

I had started Snowcrash before Matilda was born, but still only half way through, I don't have spare time anymore

We just bought one over here is the states. $119 we got it for I think. Works out about $110 AUD I guess. We didn't go for the wifi, I would work out whether we should have or not, but I ain't reading through all of the posts.

You mean you didn't go for 3g?

Wifi is cheaper and about all you need 3g, I think is excessive. It wouldn't be often you were caught short without wifi and no books to read. Though if you read a lot of US newspapers it would be handy to have them delivered straight to your device

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8