Gorman note to members - is he serious?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Patronising, no real information, corporate speak, clunky, evasive and that's just a start. Why send that email out? It did nothing for me, it only alienated me further from a club that seems to keep up two strategies: silence or suddenly, issuing this kind of spin. We are not fools Lyall. Far from it. We are fans. Proper fans. Speaking for me only, if this club continues to wheel out and send this dated, meaningless drivel which is masquerading for real information, then I'm almost, not fully, but almost done. I need solid information, to continue to justify me forking out $500 a year for my members seat. Bottom line is this: if there's nothing to say, which is a problem in itself, say zip, until there is something to say. Sending out this stupid email, won't make me renew my season pass, it had the opposite effect.

Lyall did promise to keep members informed, but as has been stated in other posts, there needs to be substance to the information. The last correspondence was a waste of everybody's time.
I do hope the club continues to correct Fake News.

Lyall did promise to keep members informed, but as has been stated in other posts, there needs to be substance to the information. The last correspondence was a waste of everybody's time.
I do hope the club continues to correct Fake News.

I do like the “ correcting fake news”!!

Patronising, no real information, corporate speak, clunky, evasive and that's just a start. Why send that email out? It did nothing for me, it only alienated me further from a club that seems to keep up two strategies: silence or suddenly, issuing this kind of spin. We are not fools Lyall. Far from it. We are fans. Proper fans. Speaking for me only, if this club continues to wheel out and send this dated, meaningless drivel which is masquerading for real information, then I'm almost, not fully, but almost done. I need solid information, to continue to justify me forking out $500 a year for my members seat. Bottom line is this: if there's nothing to say, which is a problem in itself, say zip, until there is something to say. Sending out this stupid email, won't make me renew my season pass, it had the opposite effect.

You most certainly are not the only one my friend. You have I'd say the majority feeling exactly how you are / do.

Oh I don't know.

He thanked me for being a member in 2018. That was nice. Not a lot of people thank me for that.

He gave a re-cap of the meeting in case not every Manly "fan" in the world rushes to this site to read the occasional bit of info and the 20 comment response.

He hoped I joined again for next year. None of you turnips have expressed any wishes for anything I do next year, so he's one up on all of you.

Bathurst is on today, I hope the xanax is working for some of you.

Oh I don't know.

He thanked me for being a member in 2018. That was nice. Not a lot of people thank me for that.

He gave a re-cap of the meeting in case not every Manly "fan" in the world rushes to this site to read the occasional bit of info and the 20 comment response.

He hoped I joined again for next year. None of you turnips have expressed any wishes for anything I do next year, so he's one up on all of you.

Tampax for others?

Go Avs!!

What did you want him to say???

The place is ****ed but rejoin any way??

The club is just trying to communicate and engage more with members and actually thank members plus ask them to rejoin - simple as that.

Some of these narks on here would boo Santa

Last edited:
What did you want him to say???

The place is ****ed but rejoin any way??

The club is just trying to communicate and engage more with members and actually thank members plus ask them to rejoin - simple as that.

Some of these narks on here would boo Santa
What did I want him to say? Preferably nothing until he had something solid to communicate. What he could have said is this: "Hey Members, it's been a tough year or so. We get that. And we have made a giant mess of most things at the club on and off the field. Pretty poor actually. Sorry about that. Please renew your memberships, because if you don't, we will fold. Simple. We know we've blown it and we will sort it." Something like that The Wheel, work for you?

The thing is Baz they can’t win either way.

Say nothing and the tribe say not good enough

Say something and the tribe say it’s not enough

I personally don’t think they have to tell anyone they ****ed up this year - it is self evident and both Lyall and Penn said they made mistakes at the members forum.

Anyway as I said they are damned if they do damned if they don’t.

Oh I don't know.

id kill for a xanax right now

Gorman, but more notably Penn has had adequate time to make the necessary changes.

Takes 5 seconds to say to Barrett, "here's your payout, we ALL need to move on".

It doesn't take months and months to hire staff / recruitment.

Why this is taking so long is Penn's money. Simple as that. The tight arse is fracturing the whole club. He's the answer to how this is fixed, and we move forward quickly.

That's why it's disappointing noone really confronted the arsehole at the members meeting (I'm recovering, else.woukd have gone and given a piece of my mind).

Therefore, Bazeagle is spot on. They've had the opportunity to move forward and get off field results sorted. But they haven't. They've procrastinated, failed from one activity to the next (Appeal, coaching, Brooky).

They've ****ed the place, then hold their hands out like bludgers.

They need to pull their heads out.of their collective arses and get some ****ing results. No wonder all our players seem.to be in party mode. We are completely leaderless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8