Good win, but did we just cost ourselves a shot at the premiership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mcatt

Reserve Grader
There are plenty who will call for our blood after that fight, and don't think the NRL wont love slapping us with suspensions.

Injuries and suspensions could cost us again this year with the finals just around the corner....

Calling for our blood is an understatement, ou should check out the foxsports.com comments section on the game report, they want manly wiped off the map.

I reckon there are other teams supporters who wished there side would have done the same against the storm when they played them that's for sure.

Our season is looking ominous, Stewart has done his medial, and alot of other payers will be suspended.

Lets not get too worried.

Nothing is more certain than Manly will play Brisbane without either Stewart, Wolfman and probably Lussick next week. Jo, Kitey and Watmough could probably do with a rest too.

But its now a nothing game, and we have 9 days until we play.

I couldn't be prouder of the boys. I was at the ground then just watched the replay at home. They owned Melbourne for 90% of that match. The thing you notice about the TV coverage is the muted crowd noise. I can tell you that at the ground the crowd went off.
Sue, we have some concerns with injuries and the judiciary, but the win tonight showed just how gutsy our team is.
So much for that form slump mooted on here after our win against the Dogs.

How many weeks did the participants of SoO in 2009's famous fight get?
From memory there was alot of wrist slapping
Imo it should go

Blair 2 weeks
Gift 1-2 weeks
Brett 0-1 week for flying superman attack,wtf was that?
Hincliffe 1 week for elbow
Lussick 0-1 week

Melbourne bench 2 weeks for running onto the field of play and a $200k fine,this is the biggest nono of the game,perhaps lose a few points gifting us $100k? :D

SOO is different. Many things like blow ups get overlooked.

As a Bulldogs fan looking at it from an outside view there are a few things going against both sides.

Lets not forget the NRL are not shy sending a player from the game including the grand final (Cameron Smith 2008 Grapple Tackle and misses Grand Final).

Both sides will face large fines for bringing game into disrepute. Manly *may* also lose 2 comp points from the game, given that players from bench entered the field of play (ditto Melb but they didn't win).

Glen and Blair will probably cop 3-4 week suspensions, as there was no excuse for what went on.

Lussick and Hinchcliffe probably a few weeks.

Brett Stewart is a tricky one, but given he came in for the second fight clearly with the intent of a swinging arm on Blair. That won't be viewed lightly from Match Review Committee.

Sika Manu will probably cop a fine for enteringg from the bench, but he was breaking up the fight.

Full props to some of the players for not running in and getting involved though.

We have been shooting ourselves in the foot since early 2009. Heck, we may have just added to our premiership tally between then and now?! As I keep saying...dumb!!!

Geez I hope you folks are wrong.

I enjoyed the game. Melbourne was Manly's bitch last night and didn't like the way Manly said enough BS Melbourne you cannot intimidate us, we will stand up to you and will win.

So well done boys. It was a great game with a great result and as has been said - bring back the biff.

Whatever happens - that for me was a grand final. Epic atmosphere at brookie. The boys gave everything and were pumped for it. We let in the mandatory last min try but meh, we won in style.

It was a gladiatorial clash and we expected and got fireworks. Rome salutes you.

Brissie Kid said:
Lose 2 points? None of the Manly bench players crossed the sideline. The game wasn't actually being played either.

Agreed. Time was blown off at the first fight. Time wasn't blown back on until both were off the field. No Manly player came off the bench either. I don't see George, Joe or Rodney there. All Manly players involved were on the field.

This is totally ****ed up. We should be sitting here gloating about a fantastic win and how we on target to win the premiership and now the whole season is coming off the rails in a few minutes of madness. How the **** did this happen and why? Coupled with Wolfs tragic injury the whole day has the feeling of impending doom to our premiership chances.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2