Good read: David Smith, please give the good seats back to the actual fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
Good read this article .....

David Smith, please give the good seats back to the actual fans
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/07/17/mr-smith-please-give-good-seats-back-actual-fans/

It actually gives good praise to the Manly fans at Brookvale being Sea Eagles 18th player … good to hear !!!! ….

In the article .... what's quoted .....

The main reasons that home sides do better is that they have the crowd behind them. You only have to go to a game at Brookvale Oval, Parramatta Stadium, Penrith Park or Shark Park to see the difference a parochial crowd has on a game.

Last season I was doing sideline commentary for the ABC at Brookvale Oval and I really had to admire the Sea Eagles fans. They roared encouragement for their side all evening and they were constantly on the back of the referees, claiming the opposition was cheating. While many of their claims suggested that their grip on the rules was tenuous, they won their side at least three penalties simply through the sheer noise of their demands.

They were truly the Sea Eagles 18th player and they had a large part in their side winning that night. It’s not surprising Manly have scored a massive 61 per cent of their tries at home in the last two seasons.

Lots of responses too …..

Someone said … Well personally I find club games at ANZ stadium unwatchable on TV because the empty crowds give the impression that not much is at stake. Full house at AAMI Park, Brookvale or Penrith on the other hand is another story.

And I believe the young lady who is the face of the manly fans, is the same 'ella' who does the occasional blog.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Another-great-write-up-from-Manly%E2%80%99s-junior-correspondent-%E2%80%A6

globaleagle said:
And I believe the young lady who is the face of the manly fans, is the same 'ella' who does the occasional blog.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Another-great-write-up-from-Manly%E2%80%99s-junior-correspondent-%E2%80%A6

Yes it is the same Ella. A delightful young lady who is doing a great job with her game day write ups in the Manly Daily. Her family are huge Manly supporters.

If nothing changes re seats, prices, then D Smith can go back to England. And he can take Greenslime with him. What will change, then, will be the management personnel at the top of the NRL.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2