Good on ya Chez!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was better today at what he is not equipped to do. Until we have a game controlling 7 so he can be the running 6 he instinctively is we are wasting heaps of our cap. He can be a running 6 worth his price...but he can't be the one to control the game.
We need a Foran/Green type at 7 so DCE can contribute what he really has to give...or we will not win a premiership in the next 5 years he is contracted.

Do whatever needs to be done to find the money to make it happen.
Your right, when Cust started to draw attention and make some in roads down the left gave Manly two options in attack. You throw Tom back in their and Faniu and even more options.

Once we have a set injury free spine their I a lot of attack in this side.

I like what walker brings with his running game and defence but cannot kick, I like Cust energy and can kick but cannot game manage, I like greens game management but is old and a turnstile.

Who does Dez go with? Im thinking he will persist with Dylan or Cust then recruit 5/8? Just need healthy Tom and Faniu on the park to add that extra creativity but will leave us without a second game management type player which in reality would suit our needs the most.

I think many of us have a tendency to judge him, not only on the type of player he’s been, but on what he should be producing, because of the money he’s on. The more I think about it, perhaps that’s unfair.
He’s a fine player but not, in my opinion an “Alpha” playmaker like a Cronk, Thurston or Maloney. It’s just that, he’s earning their level of money so we expect it from him. He does plenty of really good things in a game but I don’t think it’s necessarily his style to demand the ball, 3-4 times a set.
Plenty of others have said it, we have a great #1, and a very good #9 and a very talented #4 that is also our best current #6. Unfortunately all are unavailable at the moment and our #7 is trying to play his natural game, while at the same time having to compensate for the lesser talent around him.
So where does that leave us? Des needs to coach our back up players to show better patience, hopefully leading to fewer errors. This should take some of the burden off Cherry-Evans. By the time the others are available, our depth players will all be better for the experience.

I'll admit I was critical of DCE yesterday. But I also accept that he did some good things. His one on one defence is amongst the best in the comp for 7's.....some of whom are real liabilities so I'm thankful for that.

His clearing kicks are great and he's a constant threat to pull off a 40/20.

But his short kicking game has been woeful lately as evidenced by the fact we haven't scored a single try from a kick all year. I'm sorry but this is DCE's job and he needs to start doing it. You can say what you like about him missing this guy and that guy but without repeat sets, we can't tire defences out like they are doing to us.

And his pay is not irrelevant. When you make marquee money, the criteria by which you're judged is different to the guy on minimum wage.

I know he's got it in him. We just need to see it a little more regularly.

I'll admit I was critical of DCE yesterday. But I also accept that he did some good things. His one on one defence is amongst the best in the comp for 7's.....some of whom are real liabilities so I'm thankful for that.

His clearing kicks are great and he's a constant threat to pull off a 40/20.

But his short kicking game has been woeful lately as evidenced by the fact we haven't scored a single try from a kick all year. I'm sorry but this is DCE's job and he needs to start doing it. You can say what you like about him missing this guy and that guy but without repeat sets, we can't tire defences out like they are doing to us.

And his pay is not irrelevant. When you make marquee money, the criteria by which you're judged is different to the guy on minimum wage.

I know he's got it in him. We just need to see it a little more regularly.
Bang on, simon64. For all the good things DCE did yesterday, there were other things he did (or didn't do) that undid all the good work. My biggest gripe was his last tackle kick with only a few minutes remaining, well inside the attacking zone, where he managed to grubber the ball not into the in-goal, but straight to Aidan Guerra (who I thought had retired about five years ago). That was our last real chance to crack them. We had one final fling on the buzzer, but a repeat set there could have made all the difference.

Can't fault his effort or his defence, but the bottom line is we managed to lose another very winnable game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4