Orford keen for Souths to relocate On a day South Sydney finally announced a recruitment coup, in-demand Melbourne halfback Matt Orford said he would join the Rabbitohs if they took up an $8 million NRL offer to relocate to the Central Coast. Penrith's Kiwi backrower Joe Galuvao, 27, has signed a three-year deal believed to be worth $1 million in a welcome boost for Souths which missed out on off-contract stars Braith Anasta and Ashley Harrison this week. However, the odds of Orford following Galuvao to the Rabbitohs have lengthened after the class halfback admitted he would "definitely look at Souths" if they moved to his hometown Gosford. "With Souths, they are considering relocating to the Central Coast, or at least there was talk they might look at that down the track," Orford told AAP. "If they were to do that, I would definitely look at Souths as an option because it's my hometown. "They have a great facility there, with (advertising executive) John Singleton building the stadium there in Gosford. Advertisement Advertisement"It's a pretty good place to live and play footy." Orford said the longer negotiations dragged on, the longer the odds were of remaining at Melbourne. And he said Manly was "back in the mix" after Melbourne teammate Steven Bell agreed to become a Sea Eagle from 2006. "I suppose as things drag on and you get longer into the negotiations, the chances are not as good as they would have been," he said of staying at Melbourne. "(Manly) are back in the mix, they have expressed a fair bit of interest, so they are definitely in the running. "They have a great team, a great ball park and Manly isn't the worst place to live." However, Orford's dream of linking with a Central Coast-based Souths appeared doomed after Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson ruled out the move. "It's never been on the agenda of our board," he said. "The situation is we are doing everything we can to keep the Rabbitohs in Sydney, to keep them at Redfern. "The council has come a long way down the track about Redfern Oval's development, they have actually come to us with a plan to spend $20 million to keep the oval alive." A Redfern Oval return is a future option for Souths who are based at Aussie Stadium and will relocate to Telstra Stadium from 2006 for three years. The Rabbitohs are still in the hunt for Penrith prop Ben Ross who is also speaking with Melbourne and Cronulla. Ross held talks with Cronulla but admitted Galuvao's signing was a huge lure to sign with the Rabbitohs. "That's great (he has signed). Most definitely that's a factor," Ross said. "I know a few blokes there already but having a teammate there would be very good so I will just have to see how that goes." Sharks general manager Steve Rogers said of Ross: "Talks were very positive and I would suggest we will have a decision by the end of the week - we would like to think we are very much in the game." Orford indicated he would wait until Ross chose a club. "For sure, that's all going to come into the equation," Orford said. "There are still a few other variables, not just (Ross) that will influence my decision. "Melbourne's a great place, but it's never a bad thing if you have to move somewhere to look after your career and future." Melbourne teammate Robbie Kearns is also sweating on Ross' decision, with the Storm unlikely to afford both forwards under the salary cap. However, Kearns said he would consider offers from Cronulla and Wests Tigers if he couldn't seal a one-year deal with Melbourne. "Cronulla was interested, just the fact (Sharks prop) Jason Stevens has gone missing and they might want someone who's a bit more of a senior player for the forwards. "Also the Wests Tigers. They have such a young pack and they mentioned they were looking for a little bit of experience. "I could be the leader just to help the young guys out for one year. "The way I feel I just want to go around for one more year and I am able to do so, so why not." Sharks' Rogers said of Kearns: "Robbie's name was bandied about as an alternative. "It's an all-else-fails situation but if Robbie was going to have one last year I think he could do that here at Cronulla."